Bugatti Veyron features...

• Thread starter Skitch2310
  • 21 comments
I was doing some top speed tests last night on the Rout 7 practice track. I noticed that the Veyron's rear spoiler has a feature that I had not noticed before. I knew it raises at speed to produce more down force and also helps in braking producing more stopping power than a average size car. What I didn't know was that at about 200 mph it lowers and flattens out to make the care more streamlined and lessen the drag. This helps the top speed but you immediately notice the difference in handling. The car floats around the road and feels like it's on ice.

I love little touches like this in the game.

I was doing some top speed tests last night on the Rout 7 practice track. I noticed that the Veyron's rear spoiler has a feature that I had not noticed before. I knew it raises at speed to produce more down force and also helps in braking producing more stopping power than a average size car. What I didn't know was that at about 200 mph it lowers and flattens out to make the care more streamlined and lessen the drag. This helps the top speed but you immediately notice the difference in handling. The car floats around the road and feels like it's on ice.

It's pretty cool to watch the "active wing" in the replay.

And it seems to be a pretty accurate representation of how the real car's wing behaves, in terms of what it does under what circumstance, and at what speed.

The Lexus LF-A does some of that as well. The Benz SLS, too.

But I was disappointed that the Murciélago's air intakes don't pop up at speed like they do in real life...

yeah PD forget about the air duck on the Lambo :(

This upset me too. :( At least the spoiler on the back raises on the LP640.

The Cadillac Cien has a raising spoiler too, as does the Crossfire I believe. Both are standard cars. 👍

This upset me too. :( At least the spoiler on the back raises on the LP640.

The Cadillac Cien has a raising spoiler too, as does the Crossfire I believe. Both are standard cars. 👍

Yeah, when the Cien's spoiler pops up it instantly doubles the pixels in the car model. :P

i was wondering the other day about car features you don't "see." like cars with idk... an active suspension, like suspensions that changes for its given situation.

i wonder if pd has included things like that into the game.

The suspension also lowers, as the real thing does. I tested it out with a friend, after 140MPH, the spoiler goes up, and the car lowers a tad bit, after 230MPH, the spoiler lowers, and the suspension gets even lower, it almost looks hellaflush, lol..

This to me seems to point to the fact that PD must have had plans, or has plans to make the Veyron premium. It's almost like a standard+ car. Better modeling and better sound than most of the other standards.

The Mitsubishi HSR-II Concept ‘89 also have an active rear spoiler

I was driving this last night, in 3rd person view of the car it's annoying as hell. I keep getting the feeling it's winking at me and then it's red underneath and has the rear full width brake light so it looks like the car is smiling when you jam on the brakes and both pop up.

It's good to see that even the lowly Audi TT has an active spoiler that pops up exactly at 120km/h like it's supposed to. Great job, PD!

This to me seems to point to the fact that PD must have had plans, or has plans to make the Veyron premium. It's almost like a standard+ car. Better modeling and better sound than most of the other standards.
Not quite. It looks better because it was not ported from GT4, rather than being newly created for GT-PSP and probably directly for GT5 as well. And there have been animations like these in GT4 already, so it's nothing so special that it would point towards this car becoming premium soon.

Last edited:
Wow I find it intresting how much you guys notice these.

I guess its because everyone that has noticed these things uses chase cam? I only use bumper so even though Ive driven some of thee cars i never noticed anything. They veyron I knew though.

Actually I might start a poll on what camera angles gtp players use. Id like to see a percentage breakdown.

Back