Bugatti VGT Road Car

• Thread starter Yes No
  • 14 comments
United States
United States
Please forgive me if this is already common knowledge... And yeah I know VGTs are a rather taboo subject.

I've been having a lot of fun driving the Bugatti VGT GR1 and the VGT Road Car. both handle crazy good and makes it kind of a relaxing drive instead of edge of the seat, adrenaline overflow race car.

Ok to the point of this post. The GR1 has adjustable aero so it's pretty easy to work the downforce to get it under 800 PP.

IUnfortunately, the road car version doesn't have adjustable aero so the min you can get it to is around 830 setting the CPU and power restrictors to 70. I think it can get down to around 810 with 200 kg ballast. I'm using racing hard tires for this.

I tried putting the ballast all the way forward and all the way back but still couldn't get it under 800.

I guess I was either bored or extremely stubborn, so I tried moving the ballast 1 position at a time and found out that every single position kept it above 800. EXCEPT LUCKY NUMBER -13!!!!

Dunno if there is a real science behind why the 200 KG ballast at -13 would drop the PP from around 805-810 all the way down to around 791 or so.

Figured I'd post it here and hope it helps some people

Tldr; Bugatti VGT Road Car (NOT GR1) PP can go under 800 PP by setting the CPU and power restrictor to 70, and use 200 kg ballast at -13

They both seem to have their own unique benefits .... They drive very similar but have different personalities.

Thanks very much for the information, could come in very useful if the car is a contender in the PP800 races. I will give it a go! :cheers:

Even I didn't know this, and I own every VGT and consider myself a VGT fanatic! This is pretty good information to have now actually! You can even use -14 with 192kg ballast!

And here's a bonus fact for you, the Gr1 version of the Bugatti VGT has the best tyre life management of ALL Gr1 cars!
:)

Last edited:
The GR1 version was pretty good for me.... But I am a novice that improves at a snails pace.

No clue how many gallons to the mile that 16 cylinder beast chugs down but somehow manages to do absolutely amazing even at FM1.

Also, if you either keep the stock tune, or know how to tune the suspension properly, RH tires can typically last an entire race at most tracks

I read VGT roadcar and thought you were talking about the Chiron lol

Last edited:
It's been a few weeks since I drove the Gr1.... I do remember it seemed to be impressive but can't remember.

I've been driving the Chiron a lot at Le Mans lately.... That car uses a crap load of fuel. I need to use FM6 and still barely make it the pit on the second lap after pitting. I don't mind stopping for the most part.... But this track doesn't count an out lap as the fastest lap compared to others. The only way I can get a full lap that will count as the fastest lap is if I pit for fuel on lap 4, and then pit again on lap 5 so I can finally do a full lap on lap 7.

I'm practicing the gamblers logic by racing the Bugatti's a lot every day so that the roulette gods will see that I put in the hard work and will finally deserve that darn Bugatti initiation lol

Fuel wise the Gr1 Bugatti is actually bang on average last I remembered!
Yeah the regular Gr3 Bugatti is ok at best with it's fuel consumption, not a fan of that car. The Bugatti VGT GR1 is absolutely amazing with it's fuel consumption

I actually got the GR1 today as a suggestion for spa. Wonderful car. no bad traits that I see. Now ive been using it as my grind car at sardegna instead of my rbx2019

Now I'm curious how the other bugatti's perform. Id love to have one for the le mans 700pp to try that track for grinding.

I actually got the GR1 today as a suggestion for spa. Wonderful car. no bad traits that I see. Now ive been using it as my grind car at sardegna instead of my rbx2019

Now I'm curious how the other bugatti's perform. Id love to have one for the le mans 700pp to try that track for grinding.
You can use the Chiron at 700pp but it's not very good at fuel consumption. I have to run it at FM6 with all the upgrades added to it and only get 2 laps. It's still pretty fast at FM6 but I like getting the fastest lap so I typically have to pit at the end of the 4th lap and again at the 5th lap so I can cross the line finishing lap 7 almost out of fuel.

You can use the Chiron at 700pp but it's not very good at fuel consumption. I have to run it at FM6 with all the upgrades added to it and only get 2 laps. It's still pretty fast at FM6 but I like getting the fastest lap so I typically have to pit at the end of the 4th lap and again at the 5th lap so I can cross the line finishing lap 7 almost out of fuel.
yuck that doesnt sound fun. Guess I'll look at other options. I appreciate the info.

On my gr1, i just ran sardegna wtc 800 with fm6 to compare it with fm1. I could have made it to lap 14 but pitted early to give myself leeway in case i needed to go to fm1 to ensure the win. I didn't. Using fm6 made me 30-60 seconds slower than using fm1. It didn't save me from pitting with the same setup. Maybe if i had tried saving fuel I might have eeked it out but it wasnt worth the risk.

Using fm1 the entire race I was 30-60 seconds faster with a lead over second place of 1:45 or so. I would lap all but the second place car. With FM6 the entire race, I was 30-60 seconds slower overall and only lapped the 12th place car. I wasnt as clean either.

so for grinding with my generic setup, FM1 is so much more fun and saves me a minute per race.

On my gr1, i just ran sardegna wtc 800 with fm6 to compare it with fm1. I could have made it to lap 14 but pitted early to give myself leeway in case i needed to go to fm1 to ensure the win. I didn't. Using fm6 made me 30-60 seconds slower than using fm1. It didn't save me from pitting with the same setup. Maybe if i had tried saving fuel I might have eeked it out but it wasnt worth the risk.

Using fm1 the entire race I was 30-60 seconds faster with a lead over second place of 1:45 or so. I would lap all but the second place car. With FM6 the entire race, I was 30-60 seconds slower overall and only lapped the 12th place car. I wasnt as clean either.

so for grinding with my generic setup, FM1 is so much more fun and saves me a minute per race.
You should look at some of @Tidgney fuel saving videos.

There are better ways in race to save fuel and keep lap times reasonable. Short shifting if you can but if you use AT then probably better to just coast a bit more and run lower fuel maps for time saving than take a full FM6

Have a look at his videos they are quite eye opening.

Yeah, despite all of Polyphony’s efforts, the PP system is still bugged. If you have the time to iterate over thousands of ballast weight and position options (multiplied by each possible downforce setting too), you can find glitched configurations that drop the PP rating drastically. It’s very, VERY time consuming, though, and there’s no guarantee it won’t go away next patch.

Last edited:
Back