Buick Regal Grand National 1982

North Korea
With Kim Jong Un
American_Flag_3.gif
Buick Regal Grand National '82

Why I Want This In Gran Turismo:
It's the first of the legendary Grand National series, and also the rarest. I personally think it is the best looking Grand National because of the more classy look and the two-tone color. Also, for those who are thinking that 125 HP is way too low for a Grand National (which it kind of is), an even rarer turbocharged version producing 175 HP exists with around 35 to 50 made. Now that's something we need in Gran Turismo, even if we already have the GNX.

From Wikipedia: In 1982, the Regal Grand National debuted, which was named for the NASCAR Winston Cup Grand National Series. Buick had won the Manufacturers Cup in 1981 and 1982, and wanted to capitalize on its success: "What wins on Sunday, sells on Monday". These 1982 cars were not painted black, which may confuse those not familiar with them. All started out as charcoal gray Regals that were shipped off to a subcontractor for finishing. Originally intended for a run of 100 units, Cars and Concepts of Brighton, Michigan, retrofitted 215 Regals with the GN package. Most obvious was the light silver gray firemist paint added to each side. Red pinstripes and billboard shadow lettering proclaiming "BUICK" were applied. The wheel opening moldings and rocker panel moldings were blacked out using black vinyl tape. Finally, a front air dam and rear spoiler were installed. On the inside, special "Lear-Siegler" seats were installed. These seats are fully adjustable and were covered with silver brandon cloth with black vinyl inserts. The front seat had Buick's "6" emblem embroidered onto them. To finish it off, a special clock delete plate was added to the instrument panel which contained the yellow and orange "6" logo and the words "GRAND NATIONAL BUICK MOTOR DIVISION.") The '82 GN came with a naturally aspirated 4.1 L V6 engine with 125 hp (93 kW) at 4000 rpm and 205 lb·ft (278 N·m) of torque at 2000 rpm. Of the 215 Regal Grand Nationals produced in 1982, at least 35 were based on the Buick Regal Sport Coupe package with the turbocharged 3.8 V6 engine with 175 hp (130 kW) at 4000 rpm and 275 lb·ft (373 N·m) of torque at 2600 rpm. There were only 2022 Sport Coupes produced in 1982, and the number of cars with both the GN and Sport Coupe packages is estimated to be less than 50.

Specifications:
Engine: turbocharged 3.8L Buick V6
Power: 175 HP (turbocharged with Sport Coupe Package)​
Torque: 275 lb-ft (turbocharged with Sport Coupe Package)
Drivetrain: FR
Weight: 1,430 kg
Transmission: 4-speed automatic

Photos:
gnscx2.gif

82gn.jpg

Rear%20untouched.JPG

042_1.jpg

Video:

Last edited:
You have my vote when you have decided which engine the car should have. :)

*Edit: Thanks that's better, Now when I know which engine it is. you got my vote

Last edited:
Back