Buick Regal vs. Vauxhall Insignia?

• Thread starter Bogie 19th
  • 14 comments
United States
United States
Ok, I am at work...and having a brain fart big time. What is the name of the car in the game that is the same as this Buick Regal:

20100603_2011-buick-regal-front_614mz.jpg

I thought it was Opel, but I am not seeing it listed on the car list, but I KNOW the car is in the game cuz I have seen it.

Anyone help me get over this hump?!

Hump is over, THANKS!

new-vauxhall-insignia1.jpg

Vauxhall Insignia

Opel Insignia

Vauxhall Insignia

You guys rule. Insignia...it kept slipping my tongue. Perfect.

I have been thinking about making this my go to car, upgrading it, tuning it. I have been a big fan of the Opel/GM/Vauxhall platforms (which is why I have a new Malibu).

Hopefully, when properly built, this car could keep up with the big boys though :(

Vauxhall Insignia

Going to go ahead and say it.

I bloody hate this car, had one as a courtesy car when my 3-series was in the bodyshop and it was a gutless monstrosity with the smallest rear window possible for its size (which combined with the pointed butt made it a nightmare to park).

Sorry had to rant.

Scaff

:( Scaff hating on a car I like...super. Granted, I have never sat in one or driven one. I just happen to like the looks of them, and the article from Motor Trend when the new Regal came out seemed pretty good (though complained of an anemic engine).

:( Scaff hating on a car I like...super. Granted, I have never sat in one or driven one. I just happen to like the looks of them, and the article from Motor Trend when the new Regal came out seemed pretty good (though complained of an anemic engine).

Oh don't get me wrong on the looks of the car, in dark colours its looks great (far less so in light metallics) and the interior is well laid out, reasonably well put together and good looking (even if kit for the price can be a bit meagre).

The manner in which is drives however is dull and the engines (I've since tried most in the UK range) pretty much all disappointing. My main bug bear is still the lack of rear view, when I first got into one and looked in the rear view I was stunned at just how little you could see (don't be fooled by the glass area at the rear, most of it is masked off) and it was one of those moments that just put me off the car in a big way.

Buick may (I hope) have resolved a few of these issues, but for me the car will always remain deeply disappointing.

Scaff

Back