Build Your Own Race Game Tutorial - Noob Friendly

vasiliflame

(Banned)
Wales
Cardiff
no thanks
This tutorial is aimed at the total novice who would like to create there own project's and just have fun.
It's a way to dip your toe's in the water without being overwhelmed or spend week's learning complicated 3d modeling. Being a novice myself this is exactly how i started with unity.

What we will be doing is creating what's called a prototype track it's a basic race track with different area's for testing vehicle physic's or just having a laugh. We will create a wet/dry skid pad, A suspension test area with a incline section and also some friction material's.The Friction Material's are for the runoff area's sand mud grass Also track it will affect the car's behavior. This is great for different affects like skids burnouts dust/grass kick up.

What you will need

1.Unity 3d 4 or 5 i would suggest 4 to start. unity3d.com/
2.Sketchup www.sketchup.com/
3.Playup Tools www.playuptools.com/videos/playup2unity.html Follow install guide!!!
4. My Quick Start Kit.. Some handy textures also a 20 car pit lane and some scripts to start you off *to follow still adding .

Everything can be achieved with free Software!

As this is for people with no experience the first tutorial is what i think we should start with and that's face control. It's easy to have to remake a model or spend hours fixing one if you didn't know this information from the start. Sketchup renders two face's but unity only renders one face.

I made a very short video tutorial how to start off on the right foot.

example pit and track
pit.png

track tut.png

TO BE CONTINUED​

Last edited:
Hi,

I hope you can help me.

I have been trying over seven times to create such a game.

My followers keep on complaining and asking for more and faster...

I am eager to see your next post because i am supposed to release my work before 2017.

Thanks in advance.

KY

Hi,

I hope you can help me.

I have been trying over seven times to create such a game.

My followers keep on complaining and asking for more and faster...

I am eager to see your next post because i am supposed to release my work before 2017.

Thanks in advance.

KY
The person that made the tutorial has been banned.

Latest Posts

Back