Building a cockpit

• Thread starter Ron Tafoya
  • 2 comments
United States
East Wenatchee
hello all.

Question is for anybody out there who may have built or has a DIY cockpit.

I will be building a racing cockpit soon and already have some 1 inch square tubing left over from another project. Will this tubing offer enough rigidity during gameplay for a 230Lb guy or should I go with maybe 1.5" to 2" Square tube for frame build? Ive already done a lot of searching on the web and here and have seen some nice DIY units built but would appreciate any input.

Right now I have an older version of the Playseat EVolution and man does that thing flex and move around some especially with my T3PA Pros.

Edit. I will move my actual build photos to the SIm cockpit build thread I've just found once I start.

Last edited:
Doesn't the Playseat Evo use oval and square steel larger than 1". Mine is packed away in storage right now so I can't take a look. Of course the quality of the steel would make a difference. I'm planning to mod my Playseat to eliminate the center post, and would be interested in seeing your project.

Doesn't the Playseat Evo use oval and square steel larger than 1". Mine is packed away in storage right now so I can't take a look. Of course the quality of the steel would make a difference. I'm planning to mod my Playseat to eliminate the center post, and would be interested in seeing your project.

My EVO uses only oval Aluminum. Pedal platform is what really flex’s using Thrustmaster T3PA Pro pedals and the cone brake mode.

Probably going to use larger and thicker wall square tubing as what I have from left over project I realized is thin walled and definitely want a sturdy rig.

Latest Posts

Back