Building A Overflow Garage

United States
U.S.A.
Here's a easy tip and something I'm currently working on at the moment. Most know that GT5 has a 2000 car limit in the garage. For those that are attempting to collect more than this allowance, as to have access in one single game, my tip continues below. I'm not totally finished yet so I don't know how many unused car tickets are the maximum allowed, if any, and if I run into a problem I will report it here in a edit update...

Currently I have collected every single "PREMIUM" car that exists in any fashion in "all colors" which totaled 1,656 cars in all. In addition I wanted to have every single STANDARD car in all colors that were not in my GT4 US version which totaled 250 cars. I also wanted my favorite hybrid the GT-R V-spec II Nur Jade, both the paint color and wheel color sample invisible cars, and one 5727cc car in my garage. All in all my garage has 1910 cars with room for 90 cars of my favorite hybrids totaling 2000 cars. My question was what to do getting other STANDARD cars so I could have immediate access to them in one single game without switching games with my thumb drive...

So, here what I'm doing now... loading with the items in garage editor the car tickets of STANDARD cars I like, but that I don't currently have in my full garage. I call it my overflow garage and deliver and load one when I want to use it. I always delete the game file after using it on my PS3 and simply load my backup file on the PS3 which returns me to my original game and garage with freash 0/0/0 cars along with all the tickets of those other cars. Hope this simple tip is not confusing.

Last edited:
Interesting, I used the opposite strategy on my "Legacy Save," I loaded all my favorite Standard cars (alphabetical order) since they are the hardest to locate in the colors I want. I can access the Premium rides in any color anytime in the dealership. Space is limited so, I only loaded items I actually want readily on-hand like helmets and suits. The majority of hidden colors are indistinguishable blacks and whites that I will never use so why have them? I settled for having the best 250 hidden colors, although I only ever use around 50 of those. I ended up with 1,000 standard cars leaving me plenty of room to play around with various Premiums and Hybrids. I will likely end up inserting an assortment of 20 Million Credit Premiums for convenience and some Rare Premiums, cars that I will actually drive very often.

Last edited:
I’m almost finished with my Garage and will update ya when fully completed... guessing around 2000 cars with a overflow in tickets of 20 ... total 2020

Back