Building options

United States
WNC
TRLWNC
I have had a thought, and I think it's WAY over the top, but Iwant to ask it, anyhow.

Can we design and build a car using GT?

First on this would be engine swaps. Then replacing the frame. Then changing the body shape.

I see this easily and quickly turning into an arcadey option, so I don't want it if it won't turn out well.

But....

What ARE the options?

I'm interested to know at LEAST finding out THAT much! :)

Thanks.

I remember Kaz saying that he really wants to do this somewhere in the future.

It probably is too difficult to do now, I wouldn't expect anything like this anytime soon.

It is already being done by the hackers. They even get to use them in online time trials too ;-)

Yeah. It's a decent way of balancing performance, but... I can only imagine what would happen if we could REALLY change things! ;)

Yeah. It's a decent way of balancing performance, but... I can only imagine what would happen if we could REALLY change things! ;)

After having a think on this for a while I can see no problem with it being a feature for off line or arcade mode. As far as the PP ratings go they could put some heavy PP handicapping along with it and completely disallow extreme modding. e.g putting RB X10 engines in Minis.

Some nice mods I have heard was the RUF Yellow Bird engine in a RGT and obviously swapping a lot of Chev engines around. These I would see as quite acceptable as opposed to say putting a Ford 427ci motor in a Focus ;-)

One thing I would really like is the ability to put wider tyres on.

Yeah. Wider tires, a more complete suspension and tire pressure model..... But, that's not completely this thread.... ;)

Back