Built, not Bought.

• Thread starter VXR
  • 10 comments

VXR

United Kingdom
Plymouth, UK
motorforum
I make cars different to stock sometimes and I know I'm not the only one. Any love for a thread where we can share ideas on fun cars to build with the upgrade options?

To start, I've built a Hellrunner. Take one Ram Runner, add the supercharger and then race everything in the engine upgrades section. 727bhp and shedloads of fun.

16464543541_83f1186c1b_z.jpg
16464543871_79eec79a06_z.jpg
16464543711_2c8c70913c_z.jpg
15846237043_73f5e03545_z.jpg

Thought this might be an ideal thread to highlight some of the cool cars that can be made within the game and without an auction house, a way to try other's ideas out.

Been working on this livery for a while, and decided to give this car a rough build when I was taking it out for the occasional color check. It's veeery supercharged - the 5.0l engine now produces 630hp and 805Nm (!) of torque - and runs on racing suspension, but is otherwise almost unaltered. And needless to say, it's an helluva lot fun to just get it sideways. Po-po-power(sliding)! Have to say, tho, I may be rocking a stickerbomb-less version soon.

Excellent thread idea @VXR, I find myself really enjoying building up personal project cars more so in the Horizon games than the Motorsports titles. Once I join you guys in a couple months, count on regular contributions! 👍

So, with the new Porsche pack there are of course a lot of builds worth trying, but this was on top of my list.
I started with upgrading a 930 to 964 Turbo 3.3 specs - which included installing the 964 bodykit, of course.
I then proceeded to put it on a set of 18" HRE 935 wrapped in sport tyres, upgrade the engine (with a more open exhaust and new turbo/intercooler), and install a racing gearbox with the gearing of the 993 Turbo's 5-gear transmission.
It's a lovely drive, and it's getting quite a lot of mileage despite me having already won all the Retro Supercar championships, thus having no actual use for it!

I actually shot a full set of this car, that you can find here.

Thread resurrection...

I've been making some interesting modded cars lately.

The first is a resto-modded 200GTR Skyline. The idea was to create a modern sports car out of a very cool japanese classic, and it worked so well- both because of the available mods, and because of a bit of luck with how they all work together as a package. It starts with a few Sport-level suspension components and brakes, and some 17 inch wheels with quite wide tires, stock compound. I then did an RB26DETT engine swap, added 4wd, and there you have it... the underpinnings of a modern Skyline in a Hako. Oh, and the color is supposed to be Midnight Purple.
gtrresto.jpg

The next car... this is like a dream come true. It started life as an MX5 Super20, and essentially became a scary little monster of a racer. Pretty much everything has been maxed out in terms of modifications- racing brakes, suspension components, driveline, wide tires, adjustable aero, and Fikse wheels in a brass finish.

The icing on the cake is a 4-rotor de-restricted racing engine and a 4wd swap, plus stage 3 weight reduction. Oh man, it's an x-class beast.

mx54rotor.jpg

Back