Bumper Cam Idea?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 0boz0
  • 17 comments
  • 1,404 views
Messages
61
Messages
GTBoz1ey
I enjoy driving in Bumper Cam but sometimes feel detached from the car Im driving.

PD could implement Bumper Dash, then you would get more immersion and attachment to the car your driving.

For example say you were driving a F430 This is simular to how it would look.:)



What do you think?
 
That's a good idea. I believe there was a game in xbox who did that, it was a nice touch in my opinion.
 
Funny enough, it's not a bad idea... there's more important things that need fixing, but, as I said, not a bad idea.
 
I know that NFS Hot Pursuit 2 did this with their bumper cam. As one that uses bumper cam, it's a good idea. 👍
 
Doesn't Test Drive Unlimited do this? Maybe Shift? I don't mind them doing that as long as I have the option to use the generic gauges because I'm sure some of them will be hard to read.
 
Seems that PD's ideal is to have all cars with interior views.

If this is achieved, your idea would become without much use.

But in the meantime (let's say we still have standard cars in GT6), it would be interesting.
 
They would be good only with the cars in their stock form. As cars get faster and their engines get more high-revving the stock instrument scale wouldn't be enough anymore.
 
every car should have cockpit view, if they are going to work on anything at all.
 
every car should have cockpit view, if they are going to work on anything at all.

I agree here even though I rarely use it in GT5. In most other racing games that is my preferred driving view, but for some reason in this game...I feel like I'm going very slow while in it unless I'm in a race car. Maybe its because the cock pit does not move very much. More shaking, rocking when turning and zooming in out under hard acceleration and braking is needed.

Plus my 42" IMO is too small for this games cock-pit view. Too many of those nicely rendered premium cars are blocked with it. :)

Need bigger tv. :ouch:
 
Cockpit view should have an option to remove the steering wheel and driver hands. It freaks me out to be holding my wheel (and seeing my hands hold it) and then seeing ANOTHER set of hands and another wheel....

And yes, +1 to a proper Hood Cam. Something that is EXACTLY at driver eye level for each car, without all the restrictive view of Cockpit Cam. I wouldn't mind a couple of side mirrors tucked away at the sides (maybe defeatable) as well.

In a REAL car, there is no view whatsoever other than Cockpit View... Once you accept that, why try for 'realism' for any other view? Make it PRACTICAL:idea:

I'd also like to see a purchasable super wide rear view mirror, like some race drivers use. Something with a MUCH wider field of view than the barebones mirror provided.
 
Back