Bundle in the US?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rocker
  • 17 comments
  • 1,467 views
Messages
195
If I remember correctly, a significant percentage of probable GT5 purchasers do not have a console yet.

Since I haven't heard anything about a possible bundle for the US this close to launch date, would it be most reasonable to conclude that there almost certainly will not be one?
 
No, its not really reasonable to say this yet. GT PSP was bundled. But you had to wait a bit for it to release.

I would say a bundle will be available before x-mas for sure.

EDIT there was also a bundle for GT5P....
 
I know I would like to get my hands on a blue PS3!!!
 
I would expect to see a bundle for Christmas for sure. Sony has said it's the flagship title, so they expect it to boost console sales on it's own. They would be nuts to not offer a bundle.
 
It seems a little short notice for Sony to announce a bundle by now, especially given the last delay. I do see Best Buy, Amazon, or other retailers doing their own bundles, though.
 
The bundle doesn't have to be released on release day with the game. It would be a good addition for them though.
 
That's true, but if I recall, the GTPSP bundle's release date was announced weeks before the standard edition came out. That hasn't happened here. I still wouldn't rule it out, but it's not a good sign.
 
Last edited:
Maybe they are waiting to launch a bundle for Christmas. Heck there's still a week until release.
 
Not a good idea. People probably won't buy any other PS3 software titles for quite a few months! :)
 
There may be a bundle, but my personal suspicion is that we won't see it until next year. We know the game was late in production. When Sony stamps the discs, they have various facilities around the world which do so locally: (various locations within Europe, the US, Asia, and Australia, etc). So once those discs are pressed, they only have to be packaged, and distributed within those countries or continents.

As far as I know, the PS3 console is only produced in China. It's unknown how such a bundle would actually ship, whether Sony includes the game at the time of factory packing (most likely) or it shipments (minus the game) where it's later included at a repacking facility within the country of sale.

However, being in the logistics field for more than 15 years, I can tell you that console systems, produced and packed in China at the time of SEMA, when Kazunori allegedly claimed the discs were being stamped, would not be on store shelves in the US in time for Christmas (if we include time for distribution within the US).

The only possible way you'll see a bundle package out this year is if Sony was making them, with retail packaging, months in advance, shipping them to the US (minus the game) and they sat somewhere in the US awaiting copies of the game, produced in the US, to be packed in the box. However, for various reasons, having those systems sit around for weeks or more is unlikely for several reasons. And I would speculate that if they were, an Sony intended to sell them, we would have heard about it by now.
 
Not a good idea. People probably won't buy any other PS3 software titles for quite a few months! :)

I agree, If they bundle it with the PS3 then any other exclusive coming out in December, January or February will have low sales due to us playing GT5 way to much. I can see them doing a controller bundle, like they did with Resistance 2, Killzone 2 and Little Big planet
 
I'm sure they will.bad move for sony if they do, they should of had them for launch, at the very least an announcement
 
Here in Europe, Sony said nothing about a bundle officially and voilá, we have one with PlayStation Slim 320 GB already available:

● Proof of a bundle in The Czech Republic

● Proof of a bundle in Spain (pic taken during this event)

5202781418_5714bf64e8_z.jpg

​

I believe you Americans will receive the same care. Just look around.
 
Last edited:
Back