Burnout 2

• Thread starter Tom M
  • 4 comments
Normally I don't like too many Arcade style racing games anymore (because the tend to be crap.) but Burnout 2 filled a nice niche in my gaming library. It has pretty good graphics (actually, they are excellent, and run at 60fps with progressive scan support.)
and moves very fast, dare I say even faster than Wipeout Fusion. It has the normal racing modes that any arcade racer has, and adds something that I thought was going to be kind of gimmicky when I first saw it. It gives you a predetermined situation and you race headlong into the middle of a traffic jam and collide with as many cars as possible creating giant multicar collisions (the crashes in this game are absolutely second to none.) The you are rated based on the monetary value of the damage you did, and unlock different situations. (Oncoming traffic, crossing traffic, Bus leaping etc etc...)
burn_screen004.jpg

All of the cars are unlicensed like in Tokyo Xtreme racer 0. All of them are based (pretty much exactly from what I've seen) on real cars, but to keep the cost down they decided not to waste resources on licencing. (which is Ok IMO.)

Back