Burnout. Better than GT3, NOT!

• Thread starter Mediaman
  • 11 comments
I got Burnout for my PS2 this xmas. I requested it after reading many good reviews. On the box it has the quote "The game that leaves GT3 standing".
Unfortunately the game has a few major flaws.
1. The car handling SUCKS! (compared to GT3, hay the cars in Grand Theft Auto 3 have more realistic handling) it's like, slight turn, tiny bit more turn, major 4 wheel skid.
2.No save in between races during a multi race champs 3.Races have both checkpoints with tight timing & race position limit
4. The replays have a really annoying 'double blur' effect. It just looks plane awful.
3. (This is more of a gripe than a fault) The music (its more of just a sound really) Sucks

This game is really a 1 (one & a half then) trick pony. Sort of realistic Non race traffic (this is cool though) you can have proper crashes into other vehicles.

I rented it, played it once, put it away for 4 days. It's retarded. "The best crashes ever", yeah, ok, your going 120 and you hit a car and it stops, then it shows this way too fast replay of what happend right as you're trying to drive. GTA3 has some of the best wrecks ever. you hit a car, the car slams into the car infront or goes off the road.

The game is the worst game I have played in a while.(I played Test Drive Off Road Wide Open, and it had PSX quality graphics, only like 10, non modifyable trucks, and it just sucked too. 4X4 Evo is the best off road game.)

Speaking of crashes......"Wreckless" for the XBox is supposed to have some pretty increadable crashes. :D

Good enough to buy a XBox and sell my soul and join the minions of hell? Umm...I don't think so! :D :lol: :D

I still want the $5.99 that I spent on renting it back. That game was horrible imo. It was kind of fun two player, but got old really quick.

I guess I'm easy to please, I liked Burnout. Grant it, not anywhere near as much as my GT3 or my GTA3, but still. I get to drive a bus!!!!!, lol. Anyway, for what it is, I like it.....for what it is, not compared to GT3 or GTA3 of coarse!!!

It's good, but when it comes up to titles like GT3, the 3rd best PS2 game of 2001, it's not that great, is it? Besides, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 is coming out for the PS2, with licenced cars, hot pursuit mode, better crashes, graphics, and most likely better control, save you're money for this. ;) :) :P

I finally rented it! It's a good arcade style driving game with some good crashes... I even fliped over a guard railling on an overpass... First time ever seing that in a video game... I was dissapointed that there wasn't an explosion when it hit the ground.

I finally rented it! It's a good arcade style driving game with some good crashes... I even fliped over a guard railling on an overpass... First time ever seing that in a video game... I was dissapointed that there wasn't an explosion when it hit the ground.
Maybe cuz' there wasn't a tanker to blow it up! 😈 :fdevil: :P

Back