BurnOut's Tunes. Some called them crazy, I say they are fun!

Portugal
Porto
Burnout_PT
Hi all!

I decided to start this thread for the same reasons I had a GT5 Prologue one:
a) to store my settings, since the game doesn't allow you to save them,
b) to do so in a public place where other people could use them

I like my cars "alive". I like them to roll a bit, to rotate into the corners, I like them tail happy and oversteering, and to turn with the throttle as much or more than with the wheel.

To do so, I found that SRF (skid recovery force, or "God Mode") has obviously to be off, but also ABS. ABS seems to do more than simple anti-lock, as it does in current modern cars. Electronics not only prevent one or more wheel lock, but also distribute the braking power to maximize braking. Which turns the car into a straight arrow while braking.

To some, ABS off will mean staying away from these tunes, other may find them interesting or useful with ABS:1, and some may find what I've found. The perfect excuse to turn the only remaining aid off. I'll be working for the latter (mostly me).

Oh and, yes. These tunes were made with and for a wheel (G25). Don't have the slightest idea how they'll work with a controller.

Last edited:
Tune list.

Completed:
Here will be listed the tunes that I found usable, although always subject to changes if I find some additional tweaks to make.

- Honda Odyssey '03
- Lexus IS200 '98
- Chevrolet Camaro SS '10

Under development:
I'll also list the cars I'm currently tuning, and "partial" or incomplete tunes. Your feedback will be welcome!

- Spyker C8 Laviolette :D

Had a lot of fun with this one. Still unfinished. New LSD going in tonight

:cheers:

Last edited:
Honda Odyssey '03

I know... this may seam a very strange car to start with. But bear with me. I bought this used because it looked the closest thing to my Honda Stream I could find. Then I found out it was the 4WD version, and that it could be turned into a very interesting and fun drive! Also, it was the first one I tuned with ABS off.

So, here goes...

First off, since it was used, a visit to GT Auto was made, but is not mandatory:
- Overhaul Engine (8.500cr)
- Restore Body Rigidity (14.000cr)
- No areo parts were used or are available (thanks fourliter).

From the Tuning shop, get everything you have available except turbos. Also get some Sports Hard + Sports Soft tires.

The tune:

Driving Options:
Everything OFF
Choose from Sport Hard/Soft tires, according to track and grip needs.

Settings:
Transmission: 270km/h (final gear: 4.437)
Drivetrain, LSD (FR / R):
- Initial: 5 / 26
- Acceleration: 22/46
- Braking: 5 /20
Power distribution: 15/85
Suspension (FR/R):
- Height: -18/-24
- Spring: 13.6/6.4
- Dampers ext: 6/10
- Dampers comp: 10/5
- Anti-toll: 1/1
- Camber: 1.8/0.2
- Toe: 0.28/-0.32
Brakes:4/1

Note that these values can be slightly changed to fit your preferences or specific tracks. Things like gears, ride height and spring values mostly.

This is not intended as a perfect racing or drifting machine. But it can do both if you want to, especially if you add the Turbo stage 3. To race it and be fast, then also get Racing Medium Tires.

I hope you're pleasantly surprised 👍

Last edited:
Lexus IS200 '98

(pic to follow)

This is a great "little" car. It's very easy to have some fun, but not that straight forward to tune. Got me to places I didn't expect to go with an FR :P

As usual, since it was used, a visit to GT Auto was made, but is not mandatory:
- Overhaul Engine
- Restore Body Rigidity
- Rear wing

From the Tuning shop, get everything you have available but on turbos get only level 3. Also get some Sports Hard + Sports Soft + Racing Medium tires.

The tune:

Driving Options:
Everything OFF. That includes ABS
Choose from Sport Hard/Soft tires or Racing Medium according to track and grip needs/allowance. Use the original tires for drifting.

Settings:
Aero - Rear: 5 for drifting; 20 for Racing
Transmission: 240km/h (final gear: 4.300)
- Initial: - / 5
- Acceleration: - /28
- Braking: - /5
Suspension (FR/R):
- Height: -6/-10
- Spring: 12.2/14.4
- Dampers ext: 8/5
- Dampers comp: 4/9
- Anti-roll: 1/1
- Camber: 0.8/0.6
- Toe: -0.12/0.32
Brakes:5/4

Again:
- these values can be slightly changed to fit your preferences or specific tracks. Things like gears, ride height and spring values mostly.
- this is not intended as a perfect racing or drifting machine. But this way, it can do anything. Just change tires and Aero settings, and if you feel it undesteers when racing, drop front toe to half and increase front camber just a couple clicks.

Finally, 3 words: Laguna Seca Drifting

I hope you like it 👍

Last edited:
Chevrolet Camaro SS '10

This is a fun car to start with. Didn't work too much on it, as I wanted to keep it "civilized".

Parts: From the Tuning shop, get weight reduction and rigidity.
Then upgrade intake and exaust to the max. It'll reach some nice round 500bhp.
Finally upgrade all drivetrain, transmission and suspension.

I didn't get any tires, so it only has been run with the stock Sports Hard. To keep it fun :)

No GT Auto Shop either.

The tune:

Driving Options:
Everything OFF. That includes ABS

Settings:
Transmission: 290km/h (final gear: 3.450)
- Acceleration: - /32
Suspension (FR/R):
- Height: -4/-9
- Spring: 7.6/12.6
- Dampers ext: 4/9
- Dampers comp: 8/5
- Camber: 0.0/0.8
- Toe: -0.20/0.36
Brakes:4/3

I'm not entirely happy, I think I haven't tweaked it enough, or "just right". But it's a good start, and very good fun.

I hope you like it 👍

Last edited:
Chevrolet Camaro SS '10

Settings:
Transmission: 290km/h (final gear: 3.450)
- Acceleration: - /32
Suspension (FR/R):
- Height: -4/-9
- Spring: 7.6/12.6
- Dampers ext: 4/9
- Dampers comp: 8/5
- Camber: 0.0/0.8
- Toe: -0.20/0.36
Brakes:4/3

Deviations: Car was tested at 592hp.
This includes every upgrade, exception being, Semi-Racing Exhaust rather than Full Racing, as well as no Super Charger installed. Sport Soft tires used. This was done, in order to obtain a fair comparison to the other tunes in review.

Test Track #1: Deep Forest Raceway
Best Lap: 1:15.112

Test Track #2: Grand Valley Speedway
Best Lap: 1:55.286

This cars strong point was in the center, although even the center was just 'balanced'. Which is a good thing, but unfortunately on both of the other sides, being entry and exit, the car seemed to understeer heavily. I was burning up the outside front tire extremely often. The car struggles through ess curves, as it feels like it's unable to finish 1 corner in time to start the next. Combine that, with a tight feel off of turn and more tightness into the next, and you can see how ess curves would be the Achilles tendon on this tune. The car wasn't very comfortable to drive, it feels like you have to fight it around the track and was rather tiresome. Another thing I noticed, not only with this tune, but another Camaro tune I recently tested, but for some reason, only the outside rear tire, is heating up on corner exit, when losing traction. More turn in and more turn off would help make the car feel better, but despite all of the above, the lap times are rather respective.

By your review, I knew you had ABS on 👍

What I meant to ask, was if you drove it with ABS off, at all.

I would love some feedback on that Camaro (with ABS off). I'm not very happy with that setup.

Thanks for the tune, this van is FUN! I feel like I have to correct you regarding the aero parts, though, as a rear wing is available. I'm not sure if this was changed after an update or not:

Deep Forest Raceway_5 by lonestranger_ryan, on Flickr

Thanks mate! I was sure there wasn't, but I stand corrected. I'll edit the post.

Sorry for the late feedback, been away for a while, but last night the bug bit me again ;)

Nice pic!

Edit: Remember you can race it as well. I hosted a couple 500pp races in Nurburgring last night and won. Other players howeber didn't seem to like loosing to it/me :P

Last edited:
Fiat 500 (seasonal setup)

Engine upgrades.
I advise low RPM turbo to increase torque in lower rpm. Otherwise, just do what you prefer to get it to over 65hp, and use the engine limiter to respect that limit.

Weight.
Same as above. Reduce and then ballast as needed to get it to 1000kg. Place it in the rear, max.

Buy all transmission, suspension, and drivetrain.

Also get front aero, don't need to bother with rear.

Settings:

Gears: 3821 2686 1993 1570 1281 final: 3568
LSD: no changes made

Suspension:
Height: -23 -22
Spring: 13.5 10
Dampers ext: 8 6
Dampers comp: 7 6
Roll bars: 1 1

Camber: 3,5 0,2
Toe: 0.32 -0.25

Brakes: 6 7 (ABS 1 this time)

It probably could be much better, but I just took it and set it up once, and I saw I could do it, so I gave it a couple tries, did it with time to spare and was done with it.

Last edited:
Lotus Elise 111R '04

(rather dark... zoom in)

I made it with stage 3 engine tune, and power limited.

I had full weight reductions already, so used ballast to get it to 860kg, and shift to the front max.

Get full transmission, drivetrain and suspension upgrades.

Also get full aero upgrades.

Settings:

Transmission: 3275 2274 1691 1316 1072 0913 final: 5132

LSD: 5 16 5

Suspension:
Height: -12 -14
Springs: 5 5
Dampers ext: 7 3
Dampers comp: 7 3
Roll bars: 4 3

Camber: 1,2 1,8
Toe: -0,12 +0,12

Brakes: 6 5 (ABS 1 for this)

Aero: 20

This felt prety nice. Not much to improve for my personal preference. But again, didn't work too much on it as it did the job with a few tries.

Last edited:
Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI '10 (seasonal)

This was a new car. I drove it once and it sucked... But I knew what I had to do.

1st - Stage 3 and all other weight reduction. Then ballast to min weight (1250) all the way in the back.

2nd - Power. Sports ECU, racing air filter, titanium exhaust and level 3 engine tuning was what I did. However, turbos may be better because you can increase torque along with power, and then limit power only with the engine limiter!

Fully upgrade transmission, drivetrain and suspension.

Settings:

Transmission: 4267 3037 2292 1806 1487 1280 final: 3900

LSD: 10 40 5 both front and rear.
Split: 25/75%

Suspension:

Height: -22 -20
Springs: 12 9,3
Dampers ext: 8 8
Dampers comp: 7 7
Roll bars: 3 2

Camber: 3,5 0,4
Toe: +0,30 -0,30

Brakes: 6 8 (ABS 1 in this case)

Full aero (rear 20)

Notes:
1 - Definitely can be better, may improve on it in the future if I feel like it.
2 - Best way to prevent understeer is to avoid getting into it. Despite the "radica"l tune, it won't make miracles. Especially since I didn't work much on it (sorry)

Last edited:
How are you sustaining top end speed on the FIAT seasonal challenge? The best I can seem to get with my PS3 controller is 2'05" and end up in second place. I even got a 1000 ticket out of the deal because I was driving this track so much

The LOTUS settings; once again using a PS3 controller, I can't get any better than 6th place. It wants to overstear slightly on low speed turns ans I loose alot os speed when I have to brake for the corners.

The SUBARU settings. I managed to get a 5th place for this one. Granted I haven't spent to much time trying to lower my lap speeds, The top 5 cars seems to be walking away from me the majority of the race.

I understand that winning these races is learning how to corner the car, but I just can't get it to the next level. Any pointers for using the PS3 controler to beat these challenges would be greatly appreciated.

PS: The FIAT challenge, I have both a N/A car setup and a turbo setup and neither one can sustain speed climbing the hills and maxes out at 89 - 91 MPH (143 - 147 KPH) I can't seem to get a good draft from the slower cars going arounf them (going so slow to begin with)

How are you sustaining top end speed on the FIAT seasonal challenge? The best I can seem to get with my PS3 controller is 2'05" and end up in second place. I even got a 1000 ticket out of the deal because I was driving this track so much

The LOTUS settings; once again using a PS3 controller, I can't get any better than 6th place. It wants to overstear slightly on low speed turns ans I loose alot os speed when I have to brake for the corners.

The SUBARU settings. I managed to get a 5th place for this one. Granted I haven't spent to much time trying to lower my lap speeds, The top 5 cars seems to be walking away from me the majority of the race.

I understand that winning these races is learning how to corner the car, but I just can't get it to the next level. Any pointers for using the PS3 controler to beat these challenges would be greatly appreciated.

PS: The FIAT challenge, I have both a N/A car setup and a turbo setup and neither one can sustain speed climbing the hills and maxes out at 89 - 91 MPH (143 - 147 KPH) I can't seem to get a good draft from the slower cars going arounf them (going so slow to begin with)

To be able to drive these cars tuned like this on a DS3 may be an accomplishment on it's own :)

The lotus is all about controlling throttle. Easier with a pedal...

Fiat is about carrying speed around corners. I don't know what top speed I was getting. I do remember:
1st tunnel, no brakes, lift off and hold 98/100 kph
Hairpin 80kph
Lift slightly next right and left (between tunnels) entering straight tunnel 110/115kph
Hold 100kph on the left after long straight
Right left right with liftoffs only ending at 90kph downhill
Then left (this one I'm not sure, about 90)
Final chicane with little liftof to enter it and then floor it

2.02 laps in reach.

The Subaru must be done with slow in (avoid understear), fast out. With TCS off, floor the throttle and it power slides out in a composed manner.

Back