Buttkicker gamer 2

United States
United States
I was wondering if y’all could help me out. I’m wondering is the buttkicker gamer 2 compatible with ps4 and if so what all do you need to make it work. Thanks in advance.

The inputs on the gamer 2 amp are rca analog. Ps4 and my TV only have optical out so had to use a digital to analog converter.

Neoteck Aluminum DAC Converter Digital SPDIF Coaxial Toslink to Analog Stereo L/R RCA 3.5mm Jack Audio Converter Adapter with Optical Cable Powered for PS3 XBox HD DVD PS4 Sky HD Plasma Blu-ray Home Cinema Systems AV Amps Apple TV https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01MSK3XJI/?tag=gtplanetca-20

The inputs on the gamer 2 amp are rca analog. Ps4 and my TV only have optical out so had to use a digital to analog converter.

Neoteck Aluminum DAC Converter Digital SPDIF Coaxial Toslink to Analog Stereo L/R RCA 3.5mm Jack Audio Converter Adapter with Optical Cable Powered for PS3 XBox HD DVD PS4 Sky HD Plasma Blu-ray Home Cinema Systems AV Amps Apple TV https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01MSK3XJI/?tag=gtplanetca-20
I’ve got my tv optical out to a sound bar/sub woofer wondering if I could still use the rca out for the buttkicker

Yes it is @Torqueflight , it's just the method of connection is different for a lot of us. Three of us have replied and all of our connection methods are different. I have mine connected to the headphone jack on my TV with splitters because I'm running it with my PS3, PS4 and 2.1 computer speakers.

Edit: Just noticed your post, I can't see any reason why you couldn't.

Last edited:
I got the BK G2 last week. My ps4 slim only has hdmi out, so I bought a hdmi splitter (hdmi to hdmi and rca/optical).

PS4 HDMI -> HDMI splitter -> HDMI to tv
-> RCA to BK amp (only 1, so either left or right)​

To get both left and right channel, I ordered a stereo to mono converter:
https://shakercentre.co.uk/gaming-simulation/stereo-to-mono-converter.html

Even without this converter it gives pretty nice tactile feedback. It certainly adds to Dirt Rally 2.

I was wondering if y’all could help me out. I’m wondering is the buttkicker gamer 2 compatible with ps4 and if so what all do you need to make it work. Thanks in advance.

In my opinion, its not worth running transducers on consoles, the transducer simply runs off the game's audio and you will not feel what you want out of it (some games are better than others though). To get the most out of it, you really need to run an audio management software that allows for dual audio outputs at once. This allows you to configure one output to run the transducer and the other for your headphones/speakers. You can activate whatever features you like, such as shifts, tires breaking loose, etc. This changes everything! It adds another dimension to get that crisp kick in the a$$ with each gear shift. Simhub is what I use. But to answer your question, it will technically work with PS4

In my opinion, its not worth running transducers on consoles, the transducer simply runs off the game's audio and you will not feel what you want out of it (some games are better than others though). To get the most out of it, you really need to run an audio management software that allows for dual audio outputs at once. This allows you to configure one output to run the transducer and the other for your headphones/speakers. You can activate whatever features you like, such as shifts, tires breaking loose, etc. This changes everything! It adds another dimension to get that crisp kick in the a$$ with each gear shift. Simhub is what I use. But to answer your question, it will technically work with PS4
You can run simhub software with consoles. You just need a laptop connected to a mini amp and your tranducers. This is what I'm planning for my PS5. I've already tested the software running with F12020 and it works.

Back