buttkicker2

• Thread starter twoskodas
  • 8 comments
Ireland
Ireland
As above im on the verge of pulling the trigger on the buttkicker gamer 2,i use a fanatec csl elite with l/c pedals and shifter on a gt omega rig on xbox x ,i know they are best optimised on a pc with software but this is not a option for me,my questions are
is this worth it with my setup/will i feel anything worthwhile
will it really improve the immersion factor
thanks in advance

As above im on the verge of pulling the trigger on the buttkicker gamer 2,i use a fanatec csl elite with l/c pedals and shifter on a gt omega rig on xbox x ,i know they are best optimised on a pc with software but this is not a option for me,my questions are
is this worth it with my setup/will i feel anything worthwhile
will it really improve the immersion factor
thanks in advance

The level of effect varies from one game to another - some have virtually no tactile effects. Watch a review of racing games by @Scaff to see if your preferred title is among the ones with good tactile effects.

Effectiveness also depends on the audio source you have available to feed the buttkicker amp - if it is a line to a subwoofer amp which you can split, this will probably work best.

Depending what country you live in there may be better value options than buttkicker equipment. If you are in the USA you will have a lot of alternative options via PartsExpress.Com.

Yes I have read @scaffs excellent reviews on tactile effects on certain Sims,these drew my attention in the first place, since I play project car's 2,assetto corsa mainly also dirt 2 now as well,my electrical knowledge is very poor at best so i thought the buttkicker would be the easy option,my subwoofer is fed from a soundbar which is fed from optical from tv not sure if I can split this?if not maybe I can get a line from the xbox?in eire but thanks for link anyway,I have found a uk company who can supply buttkicker 2 for 220 euro's

The Shaker Centre (UK) has BKG2's in stock at £190.

https://shakercentre.co.uk/gaming-simulation/buttkicker-gamer2.html

I'm not sure how you would split your optical signal.

I feed my BK amp from the headphone jack on the TV - this worked perfectly on PC1, but to date I haven't been able to get a satisfactory effect with PC2 due to the very low audio volume in PC2 compared with PC1 - as a result I haven't been able to use my tactile system.

thats intresting but shaker center want 40 euro delivery:crazy: i think i need to investigate how to set it up it further before taking the plunge, many thanks

PC1 is amazing for effects, I too find that PC2 is virtually devoid of any effects.

I use this to get the audio split out from the hdmi Neoteck HDMI Audio Extractor 4K... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M8PC1KI/?tag=gtplanetuk-20

I then combine the stereo audio out into a mono signal for my buttkicker amp with this Monacor Stereo/Mono Converter (1x... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003WGQUXA/?tag=gtplanetuk-20

Thanks for posting - that's useful.

I currently use the HDMI feed for my TV and optical out for my surround sound system (which doesn't have a 0.1 available for splitting). Would I be able to split the HDMI signal so it feeds both the TV and BK amp?

Yes this is a splitter in that the TV goes through it, and the audio out is split off... so the tv still has the hdmi feed.... just ensure you get a 4K compatible one if you have a PS4 pro/ Xbox X

As an update it appears the latest instructions PDF from buttkicker says do not use a hdmi splitter with a PlayStation 4... they now recommend taking an output from the optical out instead.

I have changed to use a toslink splitter on my audio out, the one I have used has a couple of audio connectors one for each of my buttkickers.

Back