Button and dials mapping Fanatec wheels on PS4 for PC2 and ACC

• Thread starter FieldMat
  • 3 comments
United States
United States
On PS4 with a Fanatec base (GT DD Pro), does anyone know which buttons and dials on the ESports v2 and McLaren GT3 v2 wheels can or cannot be mapped for use on PC2 and ACC?

Just want to get an idea of how many do or don't work before committing to upgrading to one of them.

Thanks

The post has been viewed a lot, but no replies, so I guess other people have the same question. I bought the McLaren GT3 v2 wheel and the GT DD Pro. I'll write notes on the games I use - on PS4 - and update the post as I learn more.

Stock Wheel (which came with the GT DD Pro - picture top of this page)
GT Sport
  • Works out the box. Be sure to have the wheelbase in PS mode (blue light).
  • Mappable buttons: Not really applicable. GTS doesn't have the wheel in its list, but mappings are what you'd think they should be - black 5-way stick is D-pad; L2, R2, L3, R3 as usual; L1, R1 shifters; the up/down parts of the green, red, blue and yellow 5-way sticks operate brake bias (red), traction control (blue), fuel map (green), ??? (yellow). You don't have to first move to those functions; say the map is showing, just click blue up and it changes to TC and moves it up.
  • Options button is now three horizontal lines. Share button is three sorta upward lines - the button below L2.
  • OLED shows speed and gear just as you change up or down.
GT 7
  • As for GT Sport. Blue (and yellow, oddly) 5-way sticks do TC; just click up or down). I'm about collector level 13, around 16 menus completed, and don't have access to brake bias yet (should be red).

Project CARS 2
  • Wheelbase must be in PS compatible mode (purple light) BEFORE you open PC2, otherwise:
    • The black 5-way stick doesn't work. Can still use controller to move through menus.
    • The OLED screen displays the 'F' logo instead of which gear you are in.
  • When you change modes, say moving from PC2 (purple) to GTS (blue), you have to press the PS-button again to recognize the wheel again.
  • Mappable buttons: Square, triangle, circle and X-buttons, L2, R2, L3, R3, Black 5-way stick (up, down, left, right; in is the same as X-button). So 12 in total.
  • Non-mappable buttons: Other 5-way sticks (green, blue, red, yellow)
  • Keyboard: You can map functions to most keys on a keyboard if connected to your PS4.
ACC
  • Wheelbase must be in PS compatible mode (purple light).
  • Mappable and non-mappable buttons: Same as for PC2
  • Keyboard: Can't map.

McLaren GT3 v2 Wheel (picture on Fanatec media page)
GT Sport
[ to follow ]

GT 7
  • Wheelbase in PS mode (blue).
  • Mappable: L3 (LSB), R3 (RSB), Y (triangle), X (square), B (circle), A (cross), L/R/U/D on funky switch (in is same as A, or cross button). So 10 in total.
  • Non-mappable: Two rotary dials, two toggle switches, analogue paddles (in mappable axis mode).
  • The manual shows how the wheel is mapped for PlayStation.

PC2
  • Wheelbase must be in PS compatible mode (purple light) BEFORE you open PC2.
  • Mappable buttons: L3 (LSB), R3 (RSB), Y (triangle), X (square), B (circle), A (cross), L/R/U/D on funky switch (in is same as A, or cross button). So 10 in total.
  • Non-mappable: Two rotary dials, two toggle switches, analogue paddles (in mappable axis mode).
  • The manual shows how the wheel is mapped for PlayStation.
  • Keyboard: You can map functions to most keys on a keyboard if connected to your PS4.

ACC
[ to follow ]

Last edited:
This is a shame. Do peripheral / software developers not care??

I just spent $2k for a setup and I can’t even play ACC properly because my DD wheel won’t map. Thinking of asking for a refund.

Are you listening, Fanatec?? Or maybe they are not here and/or they don’t care about usability, just sales.

Last edited:
Fanatec need to take a look at Thrusmaster on this one, they appear to use standard mapping across their wheels, the TM SF1000 wheel already has full support for GT7 because they use the same buttons mapping as the TG-T wheel and logically mapped them so it just works, on the other hand Fanatec changed the button mapping between the McClaren GT3 V1 and V2 wheels so you now have 2 less buttons work and the encoders still don't work, and then they blame it on the Dev, if they used standard buttons and mapping the wheels would just work, now that Fanatec have an official GT wheel I hope they release some firmware updates to remap there wheels to utilise the Wheels full functionality on consoles without having to rely on Devs so much.

Back