Button Box for GT7

Northern Ireland
Northern Ireland
Hey,

Been searching for an answer to this with not much joy; is there a “button box” available which works with GT7?

I currently have a Fanatec GT DD pro and have the F1 eSports wheel rim too. I love both the wheels and the standard GT one is brilliant with all it’s shortcut buttons for TC/Fuel mapping etc.

I find the F1 rim is great for driving the GR3/4 cars but the lack of buttons is annoying! I know the game itself is fairly limited when it comes to mapping/assigning functions but has anyone had any success with getting a button box to work? (Also should add, I’m on a PS4) I’d looked at stuff like Stream Deck but can’t find any concrete answers as to whether it will work.

Failing that, any personal mapping/assignment tips greatly appreciated from anyone who has the same rim!

Many thanks!

You can only use the buttons that the game allows you to map to your wheel with the in game options unfortunately, same is GT Sport was.

Yeah that’s what I had noticed, what I suppose I’m really asking is is there some sort of peripheral which works in the same way a DS4 does, ie, you can use at the same time as a wheel to access buttons like R3/L3 which aren’t easily accessible on the wheel? But in a button-box style?!

Sorry, hard to explain!

Something like this?

BBJ Sim Racing

Unfortunatelly don't know any stuff working on Gt Sport or GT7, has the game needs to allow you to set some buttons on an additional peripherical, like a keyboard, like Project Cars or F1 series games

Yep that’s exactly the sort of thing I’m looking! I guess what I really need to know is does GT7 support in game keyboard use!

You can set steering and accel/brake to non-analog buttons, so theoretically you could hack up a compatible fighting stick to create what you're looking for. It's actually done quite frequently in the fighting game community, as (for some reason), a bunch of people in it prefer buttons to a stick for character control.

Hi if the game allows keyboard which i doubt i used to use this as a cheap form of button box i just made up some stickers for the buttons
You can type with your keyboard in the chat pre-race but that's the extend of how you can use a keyboard on gt7 afaik.

Not possible to map anything to a keyboard. I guess if you're really good and manage to open up your ps5 pad and use the component to make a button box you could as it seems to be able to recognize both pad and wheel (you can switch freely between them and they keep there respective button assignement).

That would be the ideal solution - but well above my knowledge 🤣 I guess I was hoping someone cleverer than me had done this already with a controller!

I don't know, if this works, but you could try to connect your wheel and a button box via drivehub (or anything similar) to your PS4. Maybe, someone here has experience with this workaround?

Or someone using drivehub could try to connect an additional keyboard and bind anything to it?

Last edited:
I repeat I have a keyboard but you cannot use it with gts gt7, I used it with f1 and mainly pc cars which has the possibility of plenty of different settings/tuning

Latest Posts

Back