Button box won’t work with ACC

• Thread starter Trick_13
  • 8 comments
United Kingdom
North East England
Trick-Chapman13
Hi all,

I bought a new button box from Simracing4u, very nice button box and great company to deal with. Only problem is I can’t register or bind any buttons in ACC. I went onto PC2 and had no problem registering or binding buttons and all buttons on the new box worked.
I’ve got a secondary button box (BBJ eBay) and I can register and bind buttons in ACC with this one.
Got me absolutely puzzled how the new button box works with other titles but won’t register in ACC and my secondary button box will register in ACC.
Any help/advice is much appreciated, thanks.

Hi there :)
That certainly sounds a bit strange. Have you checked that it's properly registered in Windows under Game Controllers in Control Panel?

I would assume it is since you can use it in PCars2, but if so then it's really weird that it doesn't react in ACC.

Btw, do you have a link to the button box?

Hi there :)
That certainly sounds a bit strange. Have you checked that it's properly registered in Windows under Game Controllers in Control Panel?

I would assume it is since you can use it in PCars2, but if so then it's really weird that it doesn't react in ACC.

Btw, do you have a link to the button box?

Hey Whitestar,
Ariel from Simracing4u is being very helpful and has suggested a few things to try. I am currently at work and won’t be home till around 5pm to try them. One of the suggestions was to look in the windows control panel and see what the button box is registering as. Also possibly a conflict of sorts between my 2 button boxes (both using Adrino pro micro) and my keyboard on ACC, maybe ACC can only recognise 2 “keyboards” at one time. Once I’m home I’m going to disconnect the other button box and only have the new one connected then I’ll fire up ACC and try it. I’ll post here and let you know how I get on

Problem is sorted. I was trying to map the buttons to the green keyboard section on ACC instead of mapping them to the blue wheel section. Now both button boxes are mapped and working fine with ACC. Thanks for the help, advice and suggestions.

Ah yes, you can only bind to the green keyboard section when:
1) using a keyboard (obviously)
2) your controller button works as a keypress instead of a joystick button press

I have done 2) with my 4 rotary encoders on my new button box that I have just built. For example: the first encoder is assigned to "<" for turning one click to the left and "," for turning one click to the right.

The chip inside my button box is a Teensy 3.5 which I programmed with Arduino IDE.

I'm having the same issue out the blue. I was playing ACC lastnight. Today I installed my DDU and went to play but my Simracing4u button box would not respond to start the vehicle.

Hey i have a similar problem, i have been trying to make a DIY handbrake but content manager wont accept the button press as an input, even though the Assetto steam launcher will? For context, i took the circuit board from an old keyboard and wired a button to the / key, it does work because i've tried it out in windows and the Steam version of AC launcher. Any help will be appreciated!

Problem is sorted. I was trying to map the buttons to the green keyboard section on ACC instead of mapping them to the blue wheel section. Now both button boxes are mapped and working fine with ACC. Thanks for the help, advice and suggestions.
Hi guys
Ariel here from simracing4u....
I am a bit lost, does my button box work with ACC on PS5 or it doesn't?
any help will be much appreciated
cheers

I have a different button box also sends keyboard strokes, but no luck with ACC on PS5. Won’t bind a press to a command. recognizes the press but doesn’t stick.

Other games have worked in the past - pcars 2, AC and some earlier F1 series but seems like devs are not supporting keyboards on ACC and PS5. Would REALLY love to have that working

Back