Buy GT5:P Now or Wait for Full version?

• Thread starter Briliu
  • 25 comments
Briliu
Hi Everyone,

It's been a LONG time since I played a racing game let alone a GT game (last one was Gran Turismo 3 A-spec lol). I've been following GT5 on and off since it was announced and after reading everything you guys talk about i've got a bit of an itch to try it out!

My question is this:
Should I buy the Prologue now as a "Primer" for GT5 (which I intend to buy if I don't get the prologue, but would like to know if I still enjoy the games first)?

Maybe there's another game that I could try out on the PS3 or PC to see if I'm still into racing sims?

If you are thinking of getting Prologue as a feeler for what GT5 will be like, it won't be as similar as you'd think. The car handling, sound, and visuals of the Time Trial that was briefly released on PSN was far better than what we have in Prologue. Being this close to the GT5 release date, I'd just wait until the big day. Until then, revisit old GT games like I have, to experience the way GT has evolved and set the new standards.

i left off at GT3 myself.. Prologue gets boring after completing it but its still fun in its own way.. so i decided to catch up where i left off and bought GT4.. i think GT4 would be a better ¨primer¨... but thats just me.. and i think and absolute necessity is a steering wheel... GT is much more enjoyable with a wheel.. using a paddle gets boring real fast... trust me...

I'd pick up GT4 to tool around in if I still had a working playstation 2 (or a backwards compatible PS3 ><).

I may pick up another PS3 racing game used at game stop (Dirt 1 maybe, I played the Dirt 2 demo, that was pretty fun) and use that as my guinea pig game knowing that it is significantly different from GT5.

I REALLY want a wheel (and pedals and shifter lol), and I think I'm just trying to find an excuse to buy one. I was looking at the G27 with the 25% Logitech discount. I can reason it even further by saying you can use the wheel for computer games too! lol

Thanks for the opinions guys :)

Hmm... Good question.
I think that you should buy Prologue, because you
can transfer cars from GT5:P to GT5.
I myself think that it is pretty easy to beat, and I think
that you can also swap credits from one to the other.
They are quite cheap, (at least in NZ) and easy to come by.

I'd pick up GT4 to tool around in if I still had a working playstation 2 (or a backwards compatible PS3 ><).

I may pick up another PS3 racing game used at game stop (Dirt 1 maybe, I played the Dirt 2 demo, that was pretty fun) and use that as my guinea pig game knowing that it is significantly different from GT5.

I REALLY want a wheel (and pedals and shifter lol), and I think I'm just trying to find an excuse to buy one. I was looking at the G27 with the 25% Logitech discount. I can reason it even further by saying you can use the wheel for computer games too! lol

Thanks for the opinions guys :)

then getting GT5P is the way to go.. no other game can compare to GT.. as far as steering wheels go, the DFGT is perfect for the price of around $130.. but if you can spare it, a G27 is somewhere around $230 i believe.. a wheel is a must for any GT game..

Well, sorry for bumping, but I'm a former GT player since the good old PS1 times and GT, GT2, etc... I kinda missed GT3 and went straight to GT4, and played it for a lot of years... Last night I got my PS3 and well, together with GT5P. I couldn't resist, and I don't regret by doing this.

GT5P can be kinda boring for the old players, but for those who never had any GT experience on PS3, its astonishing. =D It's worthy. Even more now that GT5. well... cough...cough... delayed. :(

Buy it. Despite it's obvious shortcomings, it's a nicely made prequel to the new game, and you'll have some fun. Plus it isn't that expensive, so you could probably get it a good price.

I would get it.The career part of the game is pretty lengthy and you can run time trials if your in to leaderboards.

Also plenty of people still race online.You may run into the occasional rammer,but for the most part many races are pretty clean.

recently I bought the PS3. I bought the GT5 P to get used to the game(physics), until the full version comes out. This is a video of one of my practices.

Last edited:
It's so cheap you might as well get it. In the last two months to get ready for GT5 I revisited GT5p and this time with a DFGT and it's a great experience. So great I purchased a G27 which I am not going to use until I get a playseat and GT5. Prologue lasted me about 2 months after release with a pad and is currently entertaining me now that I have a wheel.

Garage transfer and perhaps a credit or lisence transfer to GT5 is another good reason not to skip it.

For how cheap you can get it just get it.

Well, even though Prologue is limited to six track locations and 60 cars (not counting the tuned ones, which elevates the number to 74), it requires you to accumulate over 7 million dollars in-game cash to purchase one of each of the cars. So it's a pretty lengthy game.
I wonder how many zillions in cash we'll need to buy all the 1.000+ in GT5, assuming 1 of each I mean. hehe :) It'll be a pleasurable collection to amass.

Best physics yet on a GT game or any other ive tried.
For this reason alone it doesnt come out of my ps3 very often
in the last 3 years.
Combined with a g25 wheel ,its is endless fun and even non gamers or people who dont like cars love it.

Last edited:
recently I bought the PS3. I bought the GT5 P to get used to the game(physics), until the full version comes out. This is a video of one of my practices.

Unlike most beginners you dont overdrive the car 👍
Think you will learn the physics fast ;) Keep it up..

Whoa... i just discovered how much I overkill my cars...

Just bought my first Ferrari, the F430, giallo modena =)

It dances on my hands... so good. But all I can do is to drift, drift and drift. It's hard to get the right ammount of traction.

BTW, I'm on a gamepad

in that race, was your clio stock and on what kinda tyres did you do the run?

Chris

Get prologue as you will be able to transfer your cars and money to GT5. You can basically get started on GT5 now.

Get prologue as you will be able to transfer your cars and money to GT5. You can basically get started on GT5 now.

I bought GT5p and am loving it. Sure, it may not be a whole lot like the finished product, but it's good in it's own right. Plus as you mentioned, car and maybe money transfers would be sweet.👍

All I have to say is just got a PS3 and had to get GT5P again (long story)lol. I am a convert to the fullest at the moment. I have a G27 and a playseat evolution so at this moment I never knew how damn good the GT games were. Last one I played was GT3 A spec and GT1 way back in the day. Both of those were with a game pad but I had some crappy non force feed back wheel for gt3 which made me hate the game so much at the time. Well I can't believe how good prologue is!

I have a ton of PC racing sims and I have found this to much more enjoyable! The clutch support is superb and playing with the aids off is a challenge even though I suck in the z06 with stability management off and TC off as well. Well I still suck with that car at the moment with them turned on LOL!

To anyone else thinking of getting it, I would say yes if you can get it cheap. GT5 I rumored to come out in December and I asked Gamestop yesterday and they told me January 11, 2011. So if even December is the launch this can hold you over till thin. Oh and don't play with a game pad this game needs a wheel end of story!

The physics of GT5P will be way closer to GT5 than GT4. I bought it to get a head start on learning the new physics... lift-off oversteer will be the end of me :mad:. at least until I can get a wheel

The physics of GT5P will be way closer to GT5 than GT4. I bought it to get a head start on learning the new physics... lift-off oversteer will be the end of me :mad:. at least until I can get a wheel

I like the physics in Prologue, if GT5 will be better than I will be even more blown away! Which wheel are you looking at getting? I put in my vote for G27! lol!

I like the physics in Prologue, if GT5 will be better than I will be even more blown away! Which wheel are you looking at getting? I put in my vote for G27! lol!

I already ordered a G27, it should be here on Nov 2nd (at least I can still look forward to that day). Going to have to fit in a bunch of practice time before the GT5 launch

I too have just bought a PS3 and GT5p. I started with GT 1 all those years ago , played every title to death and with the imminent release of GT5 , found that those old GT flames in me have been rekindled.

I spent all day today on Prologue and can't wait for the new release ! The physics alone are a big improvement over GT4.

Definitely get prologue and get your racer head back in tune !

Back