Buying from the advertisements on gtplanet

• Thread starter Aaroh
  • 14 comments
India
Mumbai
aaroh007
Aaroh007
Hello

I logged in to gtplanet as usual and this advertisement came on top.

wp_ss_20160505_0001.png

If I click on the link and buy the game, will I be contributing to gtplanet? Reason I ask is that I've been planning to buy this game from my local store and I'd rather buy from the link if it helps the site.

Thanks!

GTP makes money off ads as mentioned in the AUP so yes.
GTPlanet earns revenue using Skimlinks. Besides display advertising and other paid sponsorships, we may earn a commission if you purchase a product or service linked from a page on this website. Skimlinks is used to automate the process of linking to products in all areas of the site.

...Just out of curiosity, I've been having a slightly weird issue with ads on GTP - I don't see a single one.

I say weird, because if I play any linked media, like Youtube videos, ads do pop up. Yes, I do have AdBlock, but GTP is whitelisted. One of only few, I might add...

Other whitelisted sites don't seem to have this issue - not that I've noticed any. Funny things happening on my end?

...Just out of curiosity, I've been having a slightly weird issue with ads on GTP - I don't see a single one.

I say weird, because if I play any linked media, like Youtube videos, ads do pop up. Yes, I do have AdBlock, but GTP is whitelisted. One of only few, I might add...

Other whitelisted sites don't seem to have this issue - not that I've noticed any. Funny things happening on my end?

I've got AdBlock with gtplanet whitelisted as well. On my end it sometimes takes a couple of seconds for the ads to load, but I don't think they've ever disappeared completely.

I've got AdBlock with gtplanet whitelisted as well. On my end it sometimes takes a couple of seconds for the ads to load, but I don't think they've ever disappeared completely.

...No ads load up, no matter how long I remain on a page. Logged in or not, doesn't matter either. Curious, and I feel slightly guilty too, ergo I'm reporting this.

...No ads load up, no matter how long I remain on a page. Logged in or not, doesn't matter either. Curious, and I feel slightly guilty too, ergo I'm reporting this.

What does it say on your whitelist, just gtplanet.net?

What does it say on your whitelist, just gtplanet.net?

...I use Firefox (latest build - I think) and after a short investigation, I still have no idea what's going on. The so-called acceptable ads option is on, I see AdBlock is disabled on "GTPlanet.net" - even the AdBlock icon is greyed out.

Hmm, maybe it's something to do with the AdBlock program itself - mine's AdBlock Plus. No idea when I got that, also no clue what it supposedly does...

...I use Firefox (latest build - I think) and after a short investigation, I still have no idea what's going on. The so-called acceptable ads option is on, I see AdBlock is disabled on "GTPlanet.net" - even the AdBlock icon is greyed out.

Hmm, maybe it's something to do with the AdBlock program itself - mine's AdBlock Plus. No idea when I got that, also no clue what it supposedly does...
Try adding "gtplanet.net/forums"
Shouldn't have to do that, but worth a try.

Try adding "gtplanet.net/forums"
Shouldn't have to do that, but worth a try.

...:embarrassed:

Uh, how do I do that?

A complete noob here. I'd rather not touch something and break it since I know eff-all....

...:embarrassed:

Uh, how do I do that?

A complete noob here. I'd rather not touch something and break it since I know eff-all....
I would suppose the same way you entered "gtplanet.net" into your whitelist. :P

I would suppose the same way you entered "gtplanet.net" into your whitelist. :P

....I can't remember how I did it. I think there was an icon, a button I clicked on and then...

...:boggled:

The life of computer illiterate, right here. I'll go and visit the FAQ page of the AdBlock website...

....I can't remember how I did it. I think there was an icon, a button I clicked on and then...

The life of computer illiterate, right here. I'll go and visit the FAQ page of the AdBlock website...
I just use AdBlock, not AdBlock Pro but it might be the same way, click on the adblock icon and click "Don't Run on Pages on this Domain, and then move the page slider so it's like this:
bandicam 5044.jpg

I just use AdBlock, not AdBlock Pro but it might be the same way, click on the adblock icon and click "Don't Run on Pages on this Domain, and then move the page slider so it's like this:
View attachment 545585

You're using Opera, right? Mine looks completely different to yours, y'know. I think I've narrowed it down to my Anti-virus, Avast, causing the "ad blackout". It has some kind of ad-blocking feature I didn't know of. Funny thing is, I've never touched it yet it's set to block absolutely everything under the sun...

Back