Buying in PlaystationStore JP

• Thread starter CarochaMan
  • 8 comments
dribeiro
Hi there

I have already a account in PlaystationStore in Japan, i need to register my MasterCard to download the GranTurismo 5 prologue, but i don't understand the screens...

Some one could help me in translations?

Many Thanks
David from UE

You can't register your credit cards. Instead, buy a prepaid playstation card off of ebay or something. You can use these to buy games with on the Japanese store

You can't register your credit cards.

And why is that ?

I'm asking because it seems I'm having that kind of a problem.
Does Japanese PSStore check address from my card and from the account holder ? which are different unfortunately ...

Not sure,I ordered one for a friend in the UK using my USA address and it was shipped. I ordered from Play-Asia about 3 weeks ago,both were shipped on Wednesday and mine arrived today, 48 hours in transit from Play Asia to Florida USA. Going to go put it in the PS3 now :)

And why is that ?

Does Japanese PSStore check address from my card and from the account holder ? which are different unfortunately ...

Exactly. Search ebay for "playstation ticket" and you'll see a bunch of overpriced prepaid tickets for the Japanese playstation store :)

Or order the bluray from an online games shop.

And why is that ?

Japanese address formats are not the same as US so you can't even enter proper US addresses.

It checks your address against what your bank has on file for verification and because you can't enter a proper US address in it automatically kicks back.

It is very anal too, because my US account kept rejecting my card because I was putting in RD instead of Road in my address. So I think the subtle differences between regions will prevent a proper security verification from going through.

And why is that ?

Is you creditcard registered with a Japanese address?? Otherwise no.

Is you creditcard registered with a Japanese address?? Otherwise no.

Since I'm from Poland my credit card has polish adress on file ;)
So even if I enter polish address into address files of PSStre holder data it will not work ?
Further more I have some other problem - my card does not working in Polish PSSstore too - this just sucks .. - so you think I should try many ways of entering the address for it to work ? For example rd-road thing ?

Back