C.R.A.P Weekly Casual RacingOpen 

ColouredBadger

(Banned)
England
England
ColouredBadger
16lwux4.jpg

This is the return of the Bi-Weekly Casual Races from Gran Turismo 5 although for now shall be known as Weekly Casual Races (WCR for short). These events will be ran in exactly the same way as you remember them but with the added features of Gran Turismo 6, bugs and all.

I shall be bringing back some of the more popular events from last time as they were, well, popular. But most of all good fun and tight racing. For a start I shall be using low end budget cars so that everyone can get involved and later on in the year the budgets will expand as your garages do too. Please note, it's not a budget challenge.

The races will be simple, medium length and some weeks I will mix it up doing a few longer races instead of the 15 minute formatted ones. These races will not exceed 30 minutes in length and will use the qualifying feature. Each race (with Qualifying) will be 45 minutes long. Giving us between 3 and 4 longer races per night. I shall post all details for the planned extended events later. All events will be at around 21:00 GMT with lobby opening time at 8:45.

o0ur6c.jpg

The planned races that will kick off on the 29th of January and I will post details of tracks, laps and cars for each week a day or two after the previous event, as I did before. I shall update the first event's details either later or tomorrow with the tracks and laps.

Events
(LR) = Longer Races

29th January - Lupo GTI Cup
5th Febuary - Mini Cooper S Cup
12th Febuary - MX-5/Miata Trophy
19th Febuary - Toyota 86 Race Car Club
26th Febuary - Muscle Car Madness
5th March - Shifter Karts
12th March - Mazda Roadster Touring Car Cup
19th March - Super GT300 (LR)
26th March - Megane Trophy
2nd April - ALMS American Le Mans Series (Subject to change) (LR)
More dates to be added at a later date.

Each event will have details of what to get and where it's being raced. The first few races are cars for 30,000Cr. or less, after that the prices go up so we can have some speed and variety. Hopefully you're all well funded and can be a part of these events!

Hopefully some of you can join us for this newest recreation of the Bi-Weekly's, in weekly form, and we can have some good fun and banter.

Badger Away!

The first event will be the Volkswagen Lupo GTI Cup.

This car is available for 30,000Cr. and will be run stock so no need to spend extra money.

The Car

Car: Volkswagen Lupo GTI Cup Car
Power: 139bhp
Weight 1,010kg

Tuning Prohibited
Tyres: Race Hard

Tracks

Twin Ring Motegi East Course - 11 Laps
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - 11 Laps
Nurburgring GP/D - 10 Laps
Cape Ring South - 12 Laps
Circuito De Madrid - 11 Laps
Tsukuba Circuit - 15 Laps

I have avoided using any new tracks for the moment because of the online bugs. Hopefully the copied and pasted tracks from GT5 won't have any issues.

Please make sure you have the GTI Cup Car and not the Regular Cup Car.

Last edited:
See you there Steve!

We must insist that only clean, fair and respectful drivers/people enter our lobbies as we are a group of racers founded on the basis of being fed up of the normal online scene and want to race properly with like minded people but have a good time doing it.

If you are a player wanting to race online and are fed up of the usual online lobbies; being kicked for no reason and can't stand the backwards racing, doughnut making nitwits of the online world then feel free to join us. You may even enjoy it that much you want to join our group.

Look out for my PSN (Same name as GTP Account) in the Open Lobby.

Hi Badger

I do consider myself a clean racer, and yes I have no desire to participate in the online demolition derby`s or dogging sessions.

Rules I am used to following are

No deliberate corner cutting to overtake, no push pasts, no rear end shunting, do not re-enter track with oncoming traffic. If an incident is caused let the innocent part pass you before resuming racing.

Questions on tuning, to ensure I do not misunderstand,

Is the only restriction on bhp and weight. For example can the following be fitted

Custom Gearbox, Clutch, Prop & LSD

Chassis re-inforcement / Aero kits if available

None of these effect bhp or weight

Do you permit over tuning and then power limiting back.

Many Thanks

I didn't mean for you specifically Steve, I was merely stating for the thread as a whole as I forgot to add it in the original post.

Thanks for your interest.

Ideally it would be completely stock, just buy the car and then oil change. Nothing else added. All of the parts can be removed if you already have them on but as long as it is the BHP and Power stated it will be fine either way. We just want to make it so that everyone has the exact same car so it is about the driving and not the tuning setups.

Cheers

Okay understand, so room setting will be set to vehicle tuning prohibited, which actually prevents any additional parts being added.

Many Thanks

Some later events will allow it, such as the Muscle Cars and then tuning will be allowed for stuff like GT300 and ALMS but as it's still early in the game for a lot of people and some didn't do the credit glitch we want to keep it an even platform for rich and poor alike.

Yeah that's fine, I have no issues with the rules, just wanted to be clear on what was required and not turn up with a car that does not comply or be uncompetitive because I have misunderstood.

Thanks for your patience.

Yeah sure. If you are online at the time of the lobby opening then I shall send a message over telling you it is open. If you enjoy the racing and the people you race with then send me an XMB message saying so and I can send you details of how to become a part of C.R.A.P if we deem you suitable to the group, which I'm sure you would be. And if you want to of course.

The same goes for anyone else looking for this kind of online sportsmanship. :D

Back