C63 AMG Tune

• Thread starter sanpanico
  • 6 comments
Need a tune for this monster, please!

I've been playing around with the settings (tires, camber, differential, springs) for a while and can't seem to get the right balance of power AND handling without sacrificing grip, control, wheelspin, etc.

Are you not able to go to the storefront and buy one?
Yes, I've tried that with several tunes, but tunes are locked, and I want to know what the settings are so I can further educate myself on tuning. Do you have a tune to share?

Isn't it that his bastard on wheels is so over-powered that no matter what you do, it will be always hard to control? I personally love AMG Mercs, but all of them are hard to drive, you need to really run many races in it to be able to throttle control powerslides, and it will anyway spin at the end of the day on the last corner of the race... :dopey: I don't have any tuning set up ready to hand over to you, but my advice would be to focus on improving grip (race tires, maximum width), then play a bit with anti-roll bars and rear differential (all race spec off course). I tried to tune the C32 AMG, and I found that it was doing well with negative camber -1.4 front, -1.5 rear, front toe positive 0.2 for quick steering wheel responses, rear toe negative 0.3-0.4 for back end stability, caster 5.5 degree, limited slip differential 45-50% acceleration, 10% deceleration. I didn't play with weight loss (it's got already good enough power to weight ratio) or any aero. It also depends in which class you want it to be.

Need a tune for this monster, please!

I've been playing around with the settings (tires, camber, differential, springs) for a while and can't seem to get the right balance of power AND handling without sacrificing grip, control, wheelspin, etc.

Which class do you want it in?

Is it just a general tune/build or are you looking for something to use on a specific track?

Built one up for you (by the way it was the normal 2010 C63 AMG and not the black series 2012 wasn't it?)

Tried this in A, S and R3 and by far the best class for this car is A class running on speed tracks

You can get it all the way up to over 1000hp with over a 1000lb of torque in R3 but it will only go to R750 odd and is nigh on useless other than going in a straight line (great fun though and sounds amazing with the V12 twin turbo engine swap from the SL65) :)

I tuned it on catalunya (for grip) and Indianapolis GP (for speed) to get a base general build that can be used on most tracks.

Not sure what assists you run with but i had everything off except traction control and used manual with clutch. It will run just as quick with TC turned off but you will need a certain amount of throttle control coming out of the corners, mashing the throttle will spin you out and have you doing doughnuts all day long!!

On most tracks you only need 3rd, 4th and 5th gear, if you use 2nd be careful when switching down.

It's no LB car but some times i managed:

Catalunya GP - 1:58:732
Indi GP - 1:30:822

Anyway, have fun and feel free to change whatever you like :)

Stats
Speed - 7.5
Handling - 6.0
Acceleration - 8.2
Launch -7.8
Braking - 6.5

Build A600 - If it's not listed it's stock

Aero
Forza front bumper
Forza rear wing
Tyres
Race compound
Max width front and rear
Rims
FIKSE FM/10
Drivetrain
Street driveline
Race diff
Platform and handling
Race brakes
Race springs
Race ARB's front and rear
Sport weight reduction
Enigne and power
Race air filter
Sport intake
Race pistons

Tune

Tyres
29.0/30.0
Gearing
N/A
Camber
-1.2/-0.9
Toe
0.1/0.0
Caster
Anti-roll bars
25.20/17.00
Springs
742.0/612.5
Ride height
4.5/4.6
Rebound
7.7/7.5
Bump
3.0/2.5
Aero
100/200
Brake balance
45% front
Brake pressure
155%
Diff
22/20

Thanks for the replies mates.

Yes, this is for the normal C63.

Although my current setup is S class, I'm interested in running A class. Seems like anything higher would be counterproductive for me right now as I try out different settings. (baby steps...)

That other monster, black series AMG will have to remain in the garage for the time being. I'm working on a nice livery scheme for it!

Here is my current setup:

Tune

Tires
35.5/35.0
Gearing
N/A
Camber
-2.0/-0.5
Toe
0.5/0.0
Caster
Anti-roll bars
20.00/22.92
Springs
500.0/750.0
Ride height
4.7/4.7
Rebound
8.4/8.1
Bump
6.4/6.2
Aero
n/a
Brake balance
60% front
Brake pressure
100%
Diff
70%/60%

Bibblefish, I will try your tune settings. Cheers for that!

EDIT: 16.5.13

I like it! Thought it still plows through turns. I think that is more me not properly controlling the braking/throttle through turns. I've tried this on Hockenheimring. I'll give it a go on Catalunya.

Last edited:
Back