Call of Duty Black Ops III Leaked - Treyarch Developed

United States
Azle, TX
supermanfromazle
SanjiHimura
In case anyone cares (I sure as hell don't), the lid loosened a bit on next year's Call of Duty game. [Editor's Note: I can go into detail on how Activision is actually LOSING sales year over year thanks to their insistence to do these yearly releases.]

This also marks the first game in their three year-three developer strategy. Don't expect any details any time soon, in fact Activision generally reveals the next Call of Duty game in May, so you have a long time to wait.

Anticipated titles include Black Ops 3, or a new title all together.

Yeap, glad Treyarch is making this one. They've always made the better COD games IMHO.
I agree. WAW is still my favorite COD game. Love that 4 player co-op campaign.

Also this is quite early for the next COD announcement. Usually I thought they were announced around March-April every year.

I sure hope they eventually bring back a co-op campaign like they had with WAW.

Are you sure it was a leak, or just a screencap from the original Modern Warfare?

Yes, yes, I know it's a cheap shot. But it's still immensely satisfying.

Are you sure it was a leak, or just a screencap from the original Modern Warfare?

Yes, yes, I know it's a cheap shot. But it's still immensely satisfying.

All that is known right now is that there will be a Call of Duty 2015 Edition and that Treyarch is developing the game. Beyond that, the details is pretty much secure at Activision right now.

Here's an idea: Call of Duty is a simulation of insanity. My reasoning? The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again. What does the Call of Duty franchise do with practically every new (If you can even call some of them "new") game?

Here's an idea: Call of Duty is a simulation of insanity. My reasoning? The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again. What does the Call of Duty franchise do with practically every new (If you can even call some of them "new") game?
So it's a Heller-esque commentary on the futility of war? If so, it completely missed the point.

I have high hopes for this one, actually. Ever since Infinity Ward dissolved, I think Treyarch has been making the superior Call of Duty game. Hopefully this will be a current gen only title or they have another developer do the last gen version, having to support two generations of hardware can only make the game worse, in my opinion.

Also this is quite early for the next COD announcement. Usually I thought they were announced around March-April every year.

WAW, and all the other Treyarch ones. They're just far more interesting than the IW version. The graphics are richer, the sound.. and well, I think the overall package Treyarch throws at us is noticeably better.

Though I want them to focus on the single player experience too just like the good old days - 90s shooters. Project IGI was fun. Too bad they stopped making it.

And it works surprisingly well, doesn't it? Their games sell. A lot like driving games, with more/better cars and tracks with newer versions. However, COD needs to come up with something fresh... like maybe more weapons interactivity, realistic player and weapon physics.. storyline choices.. maybe kinda like a Mass Effect thing going on in there, I don't know.

I have high hopes for this one, actually. Ever since Infinity Ward dissolved, I think Treyarch has been making the superior Call of Duty game. Hopefully this will be a current gen only title or they have another developer do the last gen version, having to support two generations of hardware can only make the game worse, in my opinion.

I believe Treyarch has always been making the better COD games: COD 3, WAW, B.Ops 1 and 2, and one more that's not coming to mind right now. I doubt if they'll make this only for current gen.

And how will it make the game worse? It might make the game worse only for last gen consoles. They have plenty of time and resources to develop games on all platforms. Remember, the PC versions are superior.. that doesn't mean the PS4/X1 version will turn out worse, or that their overall efforts will somehow get tainted. They'll simply redo some of the code to accommodate the current and last gen consoles, like they always have.

Though I want them to focus on the single player experience too just like the good old days - 90s shooters.
But that doesn't sell.

The single-player campaign is generally pretty short in the genre, and the developers know that the multiplayer experience is what adds longevity to the game. So all of their resources get concentrated on multiplayer to the point where the campaign is based off multiplayer maps with a few flashy set-pieces thrown in.

Maybe that can be framed as a criticism of the developers, but they know their product. I don't think that they could really compete with other developers who do have a narrative focus; I can't see the likes of Far Cry 4 working if it was constructed along the same lines as the Call of Duty franchise.

I just want the COD devs to give more of a hoot towards SP. These games emerged in the market primarily to deliver the "single player first person war campaign" experience.

One of the best SP experiences (though short) I've had: Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Looks like my wish might finally come true! WAW was the last cod I purchased but having a 4 player co-op has me interested for sure in this title. As long as the campaign is not 2-3 hours long. Hopefully much longer. Would also be nice if they brought some vehicle chaos into the mp. Tanks.

http://www.theguardian.com/technolo...ck-ops-3-co-op-campaign-movement-announcement

"As leaked by Call of Duty (CoD) news site CharlieIntel on Friday, this year’s CoD instalment will feature a four-player co-operative campaign mode, allowing friends to take on the story together."

Last edited:
I was really happy with WAW, BO1 and BO2. Having co-op campaign and slightly Titanfall-esque movement sounds great.

And gore is back in multiplayer. :D

I was really happy with WAW, BO1 and BO2. Having co-op campaign and slightly Titanfall-esque movement sounds great.

And gore is back in multiplayer. :D
Gore! Oh nice yes that's another feature I missed from WAW. Setting up a bouncing betty and watching some ones arms and legs come off was very rewarding. And wow that last kill. :lol:

In the Reveal Trailer, there's burning bodies (0:35), legs blown off (0:39. 0:47), an explosive arrow disintegrating a body (1:25), and a R.A.P.S completely tearing up someone (1:27).

In the Reveal Trailer, there's burning bodies (0:35), legs blown off (0:39. 0:47), an explosive arrow disintegrating a body (1:25), and a R.A.P.S completely tearing up someone (1:27).
Correct. This goes into further detail. http://www.windowscentral.com/call-duty-black-ops-3-reveal-trailer

If they can add in a bigger playlist with some tanks or some or controllable vehicles like WAW it would be the icing on the cake. This is honestly THE first COD I have been interested in since WAW.

"Call of Duty: Black Ops III combines three unique game modes: Campaign, Multiplayer and Zombies, providing fans with the deepest and most ambitious Call of Duty ever." Off Playstation Store.

Thanks for pointing that out to the fans who's been playing Treyarch's CoD titles for the past years Captain Obvious. Here take this gun. :D

Because a large amount of players are still on the PS3 and 360. Two different studios (neither of which are Treyarch) are working on the port so I highly doubt that they'll be holding the current gen games back.

Activision is a bunch of hypocrites, @Daniel. They blamed the "lackluster" sales of Ghosts on the fact that there was another generation of consoles to develop for, and when the oppotunity to get away from 7th Gen consoles presented itself, by both the consumer and developers, did they take Ubisoft's model and run away from last gen? No! They embraced it again.

img4175_01.jpg

Back