Calling out to all Time Trial enthusiasts

Dynamic_Skills

(Banned)
Messages
61
Messages
Dynamic_Skills/GTP_Plato
Messages
vX DyNaMiCz xV
My question is why are people on the voting forum keen to vote to have leaderboards in this game when there isn't a current penalty system worth having, there is to much of cutting tracks or finding exploits to ruin it for the good clean racers out there, my point is these people who are voting for leaderboards above having a better penalty system are really not thinking it through, if leaderboards were implemented before a penalty system it would be more chaos for PD when the clean racers are crying out for a wipe of the leaderboards to get rid of all the dirty times, i have had the same experience on Forza Motorsport where there has had to be full leaderboard wipe on all tracks to get rid of the people who have cheated and it took a long time for the issue to be sorted out, surely there are people out there who agree with me in that a penalty system should come first.
 
I think this happened with Formula 1-Championship Edition aswell, 40 odd second laps of 1.30 tracks lol :P Never played that game online again :P

I'm personally not bothered about lap times, but I guess I'm more of a casual racer ... Don't get me wrong I do like to win races but to refine my laps over and over ... I'd rather buy cars for my car collection :) 450 cars exactly :)
 
Yeah i can see where your coming from but for the people who like a challenge on the Time Trial leaderboards the majority of them are probably not entering them myself included, seems ashame that all the talent on this game has to go to waste through people exploiting the game, really hope it gets sorted out. Nice collection of cars by the way, thought i was doing well with 350. 👍
 
I'd like a leaderboard setup like Forza.. It accumulates all you're fastest lap times and adds it to one big lap time giving you an overall world ranking.. brilliant idea if PD can implicate a penalty system!.
 
I'd like a leaderboard setup like Forza.. It accumulates all you're fastest lap times and adds it to one big lap time giving you an overall world ranking.. brilliant idea if PD can implicate a penalty system!.

Agreed, glad to see there are people out there that realize a penalty system is by far more important to have before they introduce the leaderboards 👍
 
Definitively need a penalty system before leaderboards although having said this the time trials i've hotlapped on so far haven't allowed any cheating i.e London, Rome.

When I look back I can think of many games that have been spoilt by cheating. We had the wallbashers on PGR3, Forza 2 was abused by idiots drafting, bumping, then Forza 4 which was okay but to be honest very frustrating because your recieved a penalty for touching the rumble strips!. On GT5P we had idiots completely missing out bends especially on Daytona road.

My view is when a developer makes a racing game the two important aspects are a working penalty system with an abundance of leaderboards. Sadly GT5 doesn't have either of these. Thats the problem with PD they spend 2yrs modelling tracks like Madrid and yet don't bother with leaderboards. Sorry but PD are out of touch with what gamers want these days!
 
Very true, i remember you from the FM series and what you said is spot on the reason i put this thread was to attract clean racers like yourself so that maybe we can start a fresh thread on voting forum for an improved penalty system, as i see it this is one of the top priorities and with enough support hopefully we can prove that by putting it near or at the top of the voting forum.
 
Most people won't really be affected by corner cutters. For example, I bought a Mach 1, tuned it to be fairly close to the requirements for the Laguna Seca TT, messed with the suspension and did a few laps. I ended up I think around 2100th or so. If someone, even a hundred or so people corner cut and knock my time down to 2500th, it's no big deal to me. I'm just trying to beat my fastest time and see how I generally compare.
In GT Academy, or for the people consistently in the top couple hundred on the boards getting knocked from 10th to 11th due to cheating makes a bigger difference.

That's one theory at least.
 
In my opinion i think it will effect a lot of the well known names on the leaderboards that would normally like to take part, i actually think this is the main reason why you don't see half of the great drivers on this game enter them.
 
I must say I don't like spending soo much time on online time trials, is why I haven't took part in them yet, I might give it a go at some point but it seems so boring atm as you can only really use one car for the events (which I find boring, being rewarded for making a bold decision on a car would be nice)

Leaderboards for a specific car on a specific track I'd find good ok, I'd be interested to see the best laptimes people have done in the TOM's Castrol Supra on the Nurburgring but then again people can still cut corners then so it would have to be taken from Practice but then that kind of defeats the point as Im sure most of us do our fastest laps when under pressure during a race (or at least I do lol, I've managed to find over a second before now lol :P)
 
Back