CALSONIC @ Tokyo

  • Thread starter Thread starter Old Geezer
  • 11 comments
  • 524 views

Stock CALSONIC @ Rte 246

  • Yes

    Votes: 8 72.7%
  • No

    Votes: 3 27.3%

  • Total voters
    11
Messages
2,354
United States
Bastrop, TX
:D Der Alta's compendeum (sp?) is something I refer to often, as I enjoy CLOSE RACES, not just lapping the field w/a superior ride. If you're not familiar w/it, check it out in the "Writeups" section. Anyway, one particular race of his has piqued my interest & I will attempt it soon, (probably during the Super Boring Bowl).
The subject of my POLL: Do you think a STOCK (except for a tire & Oil change) Nissan "CALSONIC" can Win the Tokyo Rte 246 Enduro????? 100 Laps against the likes of the Raybrig & Mugen NSXs and the Denso Supra???Thanx in advance.... UB57:D
 
You betcha, man, a stock Calsonic can match the competition, unless your driving skills suck.
:cool: :banghead: :eek:
 
I would think you could take it, UB. I ran the Raybrig NSX and Grand Valley and I was +1 lap over the other NSXs, which means even moderate human skill can dominate over the AI.

You've been through the game once so I bet you have the driving ability to make it with the Calsonic. I would definitely run T2s or T3s and make it up in the pits (or out of the pits, you know what I mean).

Good luck and let us know how it comes out!
 
I sold the Calisonic, I have always used the Mugen Castrol NSX( Its STOCK TO ).
 
:D Hey DUKE, Thanx for the encouragement!!! W/only fresh oil & T2 tires won by 46.xxx seconds over the Denso Supra. Had a great battle w/Raybrig NSX untill his first pit stop, thought it might last the whole race but it did'nt. Kept some notes & found LOTS of evidence of AI CHEATING!! Is this worth doing a write up??? Thanx again, UB57:D
 
I am still not sure what people are talking about when they refer to Ai cheating. So if you dont mind, please explain it to me like I am 2 years old.

I did the Tokyo Enduro with the Jaguar XJ220 Race Car. I beat them by alot but I was kind of an amateur at the time and I had around 625hp, not realizing how boring it would be to beat them by so much.
 
wd dood.
i like to see ppl doing the close race thing :)

wish i had time for enduros tho :/
 
Originally posted by UB57
:D Hey DUKE, Thanx for the encouragement!!! W/only fresh oil & T2 tires won by 46.xxx seconds over the Denso Supra. Had a great battle w/Raybrig NSX untill his first pit stop, thought it might last the whole race but it did'nt. Kept some notes & found LOTS of evidence of AI CHEATING!! Is this worth doing a write up??? Thanx again, UB57:D
Darn tootin' it's worth doing a writeup! Especially of a 2+ hour race that was won by less than a lap. As ving says it's great to see people doing close races. I'd like to hear about your battle with the Raybrig, too, since that's my current favorite car. I'd also like to hear about your AI issues.

WTG, UB.
 
Originally posted by 12sec. Civic
I am still not sure what people are talking about when they refer to Ai cheating. So if you dont mind, please explain it to me like I am 2 years old.
There are a number of ways that the AI cheats.

1) In championship series races, the AI gets additional horsepower in the later races, and may get a traction boost. By contrast, your car loses traction (definitely) and horsepower (possibly, and not counting the oil problem).

2) AI cars get a speed boost during individual races and enduros to make sure they don't fall too far behind you. This effect has a specific range over which it works, kind of like an invisible fence. If you manage to get far enough ahead, the AI gives up and returns to its normal state.

Der Alta has calculated instances where the AI runs faster laps than their top speed should allow, based on looking at replays and qualifying times. I seem to recall one instance where the AI car turned an average lap speed at the Test Course that was actually higher than the car's top speed. I looked but can't seem to find that reference, though.

This situation really used to chap my ass, but I've since quit worrying about it. I do make sure to pack an extra power upgrade that I don't install at the beginning of a series, for emergency use after they get their boost.
 
:D To Ving & Neon Duke: A BIG THANX!!! Great to find a coupla more "Kindred Spirits" like Der Alta. Will get to work on the write up ASAP. To 12 Sec. Civic: Will spell out my "AI Cheating" observations in the write up. Thanx Again...UB57:D
 
UB57:

Glad to know the race worked out nicely. That is a close race! Nearly two and a half hours of racing, with only a 46 second win.

Very nice! So it can be done in a stock Calsonic.

I'm very interested in what you have to say about the AI cheating.

As for the thread that Neon_Duke referenced about AI cheating, look here. read all through it, as you'll find more than just my comments.

AO
 
:D The Write-Up's posted. Take it easy on me Guys OK???:D
 
Back