Camera Motion Effects?

United States
Colorado
Just Chyllan
So I noticed the option for "Camera Motion Effects" the other day, I didn't even know this was an option in FM4. I knew of it in Horizon because of the dramatic braking effects and so on and turned it off ASAP. But none of that exists in FM4. So I toggled it a few times and I can't seem to pick out the difference that it makes. Do any of you know? :cheers:

It's basically the same thing in both games. It enables additional G-force camera movement, and I believe it adds a "zoom" effect that ramps up as you accelerate for a heightened sense of speed.

It's basically the same thing in both games. It enables additional G-force camera movement, and I believe it adds a "zoom" effect that ramps up as you accelerate for a heightened sense of speed.

Hmm I didn't try at high speed, like the sort of speed wobble effect at high speed? The "rumbling screen"? It's all much more dramatic in Horizon :lol: As far as I'm concerned there weren't any braking effects in FM4

I hadn't noticed any difference between the two, but the chase cam is really nice in Horizon so I haven't spent as much time in cockpit as I did in FM4.

When using the chase camera, it zooms out a little bit at 200kmh+, then some more at 300kmh, and starts shaking at 400kmh. There is also an increasing 'peep eye' effect.

When braking from high speeds, it the opposite, as it zooms in.

When using the chase camera, it zooms out a little bit at 200kmh+, then some more at 300kmh, and starts shaking at 400kmh. There is also an increasing 'peep eye' effect.

When braking from high speeds, it the opposite, as it zooms in.

Does it zoom in or just return to normal camera angle :lol: Either way it doesn't bother me like Horizon's does.

:lol: it zooms in briefly THEN it returns to normal.

I have mixed feelings about that stuff. It looks good, thats for sure.

There's not a lot of it in this game, so little that I didn't notice :lol: That's why it caught me off guard when I saw the option.

There's not a lot of it in this game, so little that I didn't notice :lol: That's why it caught me off guard when I saw the option.

Maybe thats a good thing. Few things are good when overdone.

I think i know why i noticed it right away and in different levels... Im originally a GT player (still play) and there is none of that.

Id say FM has the right amount and it allows you to turn it on/of, so its all good.

I remember that helmet cam from Shift 2. That was pretty cool. Loud, aggressive, blurry... take that to a real game like FM and it would be pure sweetness.

Maybe thats a good thing. Few things are good when overdone.

I think i know why i noticed it right away and in different levels... Im originally a GT player (still play) and there is none of that.

Id say FM has the right amount and it allows you to turn it on/of, so its all good.

I remember that helmet cam from Shift 2. That was pretty cool. Loud, aggressive, blurry... take that to a real game like FM and it would be pure sweetness.

I haven't noticed it because I mostly drift and S class race so I rarely reach high speeds :lol:

JustChyllan, this is a great option that conveys a better sense of speed. Enjoyed best from the bumper/bonnet cam (not referring to hood cam).

Although Horizon's is a bit dramatic, F4's is just right. It's on by default, and you got nothing to gain or lose by switching it on/off. I say leave it on.

It never bothered me. I actually like it now that I know what it is! :lol: as long as it doesn't affect most normal track driving, I'm fine.

Back