camera should look towards apex when turning

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brainhulk
  • 4 comments
  • 598 views
Messages
421
Messages
Brainhulk
Having run streets of willow many times in real life, i noticed not being able to turn my view into the apex is causing me to misjudge some corners.

What do you guys think? I was always taught look where you want the car to go and it will follow
 
Last edited:
No It shouldn't.

I can't remamber which racing game had this but I found it annoying as hell. :ouch:
 
I like the concept of turning the camera just as you would turn your head. It seems like it should work in a videogame but every game that I've played that has this makes me feel dizzy because the camera movements were much too erratic. In one game, I think it was Test Drive or something, the camera would sway in the direction of your turn and if you moved the car back and forth the camera would swing back and forth in the cockpit it was just awful. I'd prefer to have control over when the camera would move and how much it moves, like a free look on the right stick or something like that.
 
Back