Can’t use top gear on steering wheel

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Using a t300rs , automatic , using the castrol supra pre-order can nurburing. On the straights It won’t go into 6th gear , so I am doing slow lap times , when I change to a controller it’s fine , I can go into 6th gear and much faster.

Last edited:
I'm not surprised. I spend equal amounts of time using a controller and my G29. I don't have a solid preference. I'm finding with GT7 that the controller allows much more aggressive driving VS the wheel. With out-of-the-box settings, I'm finding I can do later braking, the ability to more easily shrug off attempted pit maneuvers, faster in outs on corners, rain is barely an issue due to ease of recovery, to name a few. I'm not surprised though, because there was a fair amount of talk during the game's development concerning making controller usage more balanced. Not a knock against either method, I like them both, but it is interesting. I do find the wheel to be smoother and more gradual, but when you're simply going for it, the controller is fun.

Last edited:
Using a t300rs , automatic , using the castrol supra pre-order can nurburing. On the straights It won’t go into 6th gear , so I am doing slow lap times , when I change to a controller it’s fine , I can go into 6th gear and much faster.
Why are you using automatic instead of manual? Auto is so much slower all around

Is your throttle trace showing full throttle when you are flat out? The only thing I can think of is your accelerator pedal isn't giving you full beans.

You really need to take your shifting off of automatic and use the paddles on the T300RS for what they were meant to do. It'll make you a much better driver in the end.

I have a wheel for the PC, but not the PS5. I didn't start using manual shifting until the end of GT6/the start of GT Sport and I can certainly say the difference once you learn it is massive. Even on controllers.

Last edited:
I'm not surprised. I spend equal amounts of time using a controller and my G29. I don't have a solid preference. I'm finding with GT7 that the controller allows much more aggressive driving VS the wheel. With out-of-the-box settings, I'm finding I can do later braking, the ability to more easily shrug off attempted pit maneuvers, faster in outs on corners, rain is barely an issue due to ease of recovery, to name a few. I'm not surprised though, because there was a fair amount of talk during the game's development concerning making controller usage more balanced. Not a knock against either method, I like them both, but it is interesting. I do find the wheel to be smoother and more gradual, but when you're simply going for it, the controller is fun.
What does this have to do with the gear not changing for me on the wheel? I driving in a straight line and it doesn’t no change from 5th to 6th
Is your throttle trace showing full throttle when you are flat out? The only thing I can think of is your accelerator pedal isn't giving you full beans.
updated the wheel it’s all fine now

You really need to take your shifting off of automatic and use the paddles on the T300RS for what they were meant to do. It'll make you a much better driver in the end.

I have a wheel for the PC, but not the PS5. I didn't start using manual shifting until the end of GT6/the start of GT Sport and I can certainly say the difference once you learn it is massive. Even on controllers.
The issue I had was on automatic , not on manual , but it has resolved now after updating the wheel

Yes it is fun , just need to get used to it

Last edited by a moderator:
Back