Can Every Vehicle in GT6 be Drifted Sucessfully?

United States
Kentucky
barrett5
BarrettMopar
I was wondering (and maybe issuing a challenge do so if not) can every vehicle in GT6 be drifted successfully, aka make it look like its actually a good drift car/truck/SUV/minivan/etc? I don't care how its tuned or who is driving it I just want to know if every vehicle can be drifted good.

well front wheel drive cars cannot drift at all, 4WD cars can really only powerslide, you cant get much coutersteer lock on them. all rear wheel drive cars can drift, some better than others. the RR RUF's and the beetle cant pull much angle, must be something to do with all the rear weight bias.

With the right tune and tires, a good majority could accomplish it. If you decide to try it out, I'd imagine you will have a lot of trouble with recent rally cars and modern Le Mans cars.

'Good' is subjective and I'm sure many would not fit the masses perception of good, I wouldn't even consider a fair amount of cars to be any good drifting. But that would probably be because it's difficult and they can only drift at specific angles for specific amounts of time.

I'd say that as long as its not FWD, you can get it sideways with the right tune on it.
On a side note, what exactly is the difference between a drift and a powerslide?

I'd say that as long as its not FWD, you can get it sideways with the right tune on it.
On a side note, what exactly is the difference between a drift and a powerslide?
A drift is more for the purpose of looking awesome. A powerslide is more for the purpose of going fast.

Powersliding is putting the vehicle in turn with the rear end hung out to help you go around the curve a little faster - you are never lifting off while turning and powering out of the curve: In other words a 'powered slide' around the corner.

Drifting is somewhat similar, but the main objective is to show style, and hang the back end out as far as you can and still get the vehicle around the corner, by controlling the back end with controlled imputs, including lifting off.

One is for 'efficiency', one is for style. ;)

Powersliding is putting the vehicle in turn with the rear end hung out to help you go around the curve a little faster - you are never lifting off while turning and powering out of the curve: In other words a 'powered slide' around the corner.

Drifting is somewhat similar, but the main objective is to show style, and hang the back end out as far as you can and still get the vehicle around the corner, by controlling the back end with controlled imputs, including lifting off.

One is for 'efficiency', one is for style. ;)

Good answer, thank you. I think people just use the different terms incorrectly sometimes when talking about different styles/cars etc.

Back