Can GT remove SR from you outside of a race?

• Thread starter Mercia
  • 7 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
jdeviant1983
This might seem a silly question but circumstances have built up to it and I otherwise can't understand my drop from S SR to B in the blink of an eye.

I had. been at 99 points in SR for a while, like to think I race relatively clean, I won't be bullied but I won't bully either and tend to back off if things get wild just because it's always better in the long run to avoid a silly crash.

However suddenly I found my SR had gone down to 56 after one race, last weeks Le Mans daily, and I remember the race it was rougher than usual with some shenanigans down the straight but nothing too crazy and I didn't receive any penalties during the race.

So does it make sense just off hand to you guys that I'm down that many SR afterwards?!

Now, some guy had said he was going to report me a short while ago, even though looking at the replay his being punted off was nothing to do with me I was ahead of him by a few seconds at the time, so whatever. I did tell him to kiss my ass... I mean, as you do.

That surely can't have been acted on by GT in such a way I've been punished outside of the race itself can it?

Am I being paranoid!

No.
I remember the race it was rougher than usual with some shenanigans down the straight but nothing too crazy and I didn't receive any penalties during the race.
Every contact is a potential loss of SR.

As Famine says every contact results in SR loss even minor scrapes.

I did three races last week for a brief return and went from S to A in the blink of an eye. Although the SR may not show or give a penalty it registers against you.

So basically keep this in mind when racing. In order to get back up you'll need to try and avoid any sort of contact during races which is no easy achievement...

It's an absolute nightmare is what it is, after Turn 1 in Fuji is like dodgems in SR level B, and I thought S was a mess at times! It's practically saints compared.

Thanks for the replies I did not realise it could make such a radical jump, I've been at S for so long I just assumed it would take multiple races of being a dirty driver to go back down.

A lot of people were being caught by surprise by the SR system at Le Mans Daily C last week. Even the bump drafting was causing SR downs. I'm not sure if it was the person doing the bumping or the person getting bumped, but I saw it on a few people's streams and experienced it myself. No contact the whole race except for some bump-drafting, and lost a bunch of SR. After that race I started avoiding the bump drafting at all costs and had no issues after that.

I did run quite a few races at Fuji this week too and the system seems to have eased up a little. I never once lost SR even though there was many cases of minor contact throughout the race. Getting kind of tired of the constant changes to the system.

A lot of people were being caught by surprise by the SR system at Le Mans Daily C last week. Even the bump drafting was causing SR downs. I'm not sure if it was the person doing the bumping or the person getting bumped, but I saw it on a few people's streams and experienced it myself. No contact the whole race except for some bump-drafting, and lost a bunch of SR. After that race I started avoiding the bump drafting at all costs and had no issues after that.

I did run quite a few races at Fuji this week too and the system seems to have eased up a little. I never once lost SR even though there was many cases of minor contact throughout the race. Getting kind of tired of the constant changes to the system.
It depends on the speed differential. Pushing was fine on Sarthe, no SR loss. You just have to keep the bump below a certain speed difference. I pushed many cars down the straight without SR loss.

Side contact doesn't seem to trigger any SR deductions, yet running into a brake checker cost me 10 SR in one race. The +3 SR for race A turned into -7 SR for that race. Just the one incident where the car in front of me slammed on the brakes up the mountain.

The penalty system hardly does anything, yet a good bump from behind, no matter the circumstances, can cost 10 SR per bump. Yet dive bomb, T-bone the car ahead, grind them into the walls, all perfectly fine!

It depends on the speed differential. Pushing was fine on Sarthe, no SR loss. You just have to keep the bump below a certain speed difference. I pushed many cars down the straight without SR loss.

Side contact doesn't seem to trigger any SR deductions, yet running into a brake checker cost me 10 SR in one race. The +3 SR for race A turned into -7 SR for that race. Just the one incident where the car in front of me slammed on the brakes up the mountain.

The penalty system hardly does anything, yet a good bump from behind, no matter the circumstances, can cost 10 SR per bump. Yet dive bomb, T-bone the car ahead, grind them into the walls, all perfectly fine!
Just reporting what I experienced and also saw/heard from several folks. One streamer had a race at Le Mans with zero contact except for bump drafts (none were too rammy) and lost 10 SR as a result. Watched replay and saw no other potential reason, but could be wrong. After this week's update though, it seems to have lightened up. I dunno, I only race on some Saturday's here and there these days, so I rely on others for the best info before I jump in.

Just reporting what I experienced and also saw/heard from several folks. One streamer had a race at Le Mans with zero contact except for bump drafts (none were too rammy) and lost 10 SR as a result. Watched replay and saw no other potential reason, but could be wrong. After this week's update though, it seems to have lightened up. I dunno, I only race on some Saturday's here and there these days, so I rely on others for the best info before I jump in.
Lag can be a factor, registering it as a worse bump than it was. At those GR.1 speeds a little lag wobble can add a lot. But true, the update could have changed something as well.

It's terrible anyway, the few SR penalties that trigger are still often wrong. Racing on the mountain resembles Fortnite more than a racing sim. At least Sunday has a lot of people playing, better matchmaking, finally a chance to climb back to SR.S. Last week it kept matching me we D/E drivers who brake check on top of the rest, which drags your SR down.

Back