Can I later upgrade GT7 from PS4 to PS5 with either disc OR digital version?

• Thread starter physans
  • 14 comments
I know the PS4 GT7 costs $10 to upgrade to PS5 version, and it requires PS5 disc version (not PS5 digital only version),
but my question is this:

Can I upgrade GT7 from PS4 to PS5 from either the ps4 disc version OR the ps4 digital version?

Since the $10 upgrade requires PS5 disc edition, I wasn't sure if the PS4 disc version was needed for the upgrade!

I was planning to download the digital version for PS4, for the very first time. I usually buy the disc versions - but they preload on the box anyway, and I've never sold an old game (I even have Tourist Trophy and play it on my PS3 fat sometimes!)

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Gran Turismo discs.jpg
    Gran Turismo discs.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I found the answer for anyone else who needs it:

Can I upgrade my PS4 version to the PS5 version?​

Players who purchase the standard edition of Gran Turismo 7 on PS4 consoles will be able to upgrade to the PS5 digital version for $10. Players who purchase the PS4 version on disc will need a PS5 console with a disc drive to upgrade to the PS5 digital version. PS4 game discs can’t be used with the PlayStation®5 Digital Edition.

Source:

Thanks, this is what I'll be doing for sure then. I wanted to have a disc copy just for collecting, but I want the digital version for my ps5, which does have the disc drive. This would be super handy to be able to also be able to play on my ps4 in a different room.

I have PS4 & PS5 enitilement just incase for the 25th Anniversary Edition
can you use the 25th anniversary edition on a PS5 digital only console?
it says you get the PS5 disk and PS4 digital version,
does that mean I would need to pay an extra $10 to upgrade to the PS5 digital version?

After upgrading, would you still need the PS4 game disc everytime you play the PS5?
I bought the 25th anniversary edition when I had the PS4 - it said it included both PS4 and PS5 digital editions.
I then got a PS5 and went back to the online PS store where I was able to download the PS5 version of GT7, for no extra cost.

Just to add, the newly downloaded PS5 version did not lose any of my progress from the PS4 version.

Last edited:
Thank you all! 👊🏻 I got only the standard version of the game so i may need to buy the full game for ps5 as i’m sending my ps4 away to my brother once i get my ps5.

I bought the 25th anniversary edition when I had the PS4 - it said it included both PS4 and PS5 digital editions.
I then got a PS5 and went back to the online PS store where I was able to download the PS5 version of GT7, for no extra cost.

Just to add, the newly downloaded PS5 version did not lose any of my progress from the PS4 version.

Hi @seadog777, I'm going to switch to PS5 soon.
I don't have that quick of a line, so my plan is to move game + savegame from PS4 to PS5 via local network, later on I will download from the store the PS5 version.

Do you think it's gonna work, or it is better to download the PS5 version from scratch?

Thanks

zjn
I don't have that quick of a line, so my plan is to move game + savegame from PS4 to PS5 via local network, later on I will download from the store the PS5 version.

Do you think it's gonna work, or it is better to download the PS5 version from scratch?

Thanks
GT7 savefile is saved to the cloud automatically (in an internal system separate from PS Plus cloud saves), even if you pass it manually when you first boot up the game it will download the cloud save regardless.

zjn

Thanks
What @Atremis said..... I think! It was seamless for me but I did buy the store version which included both. Good luck!

GT7 savefile is saved to the cloud automatically (in an internal system separate from PS Plus cloud saves), even if you pass it manually when you first boot up the game it will download the cloud save regardless.

What @Atremis said..... I think! It was seamless for me but I did buy the store version which included both. Good luck!

Thanks!

Back