Can i play on another user on the same ps3 with my saved game data?

• Thread starter Greisen
  • 17 comments
Denmark
Denmark
Greisen
Hey dudes, since the 24h le mans and nurb is the last races in the game i need i think its time to get going. But... i was wondering if it is possible if i log on another user on the ps3 using the same PSN if i will be able to play online and so while the le mans is running on the other user. In this way i can play le mans for some hours and then switch over to some online racing with the mates. Can anybody tell me if this is possible?

No.

That is it's not possible, not that I can't tell you. The login on the PS3 must be identical too - and the PS3 won't permit that.

Mmmm'kay.. Arent any of you guys doing the 24h races getting tired as hell and just want to quit after 10 hours or so then? For me its going to take minimum 7 days to complete it then... seems like a nightmare

Take a backup before the race starts, then when you've had enough, suspend the race, then make another backup, then re-load the previous backup, and you're good to play normally. Then, when you want to resume, just re-load the 24h game save.

mattythedog
Take a backup before the race starts, then when you've had enough, suspend the race, then make another backup, then re-load the previous backup, and you're good to play normally. Then, when you want to resume, just re-load the 24h game save.

That's smart. I'm going to do that now 👍

Now, as cool as this idea sounds, after thinking a little about it, it seems that it could create quite a problem.

1. Save game, pre-race, and back-up to USB drive.

2. Start endurance race on 12/22/2011.

3. Suspend endurance race and back-up new save file.

4. Load previous, pre-race save file.

5. Play GT5 as usual.

6. Reload back-up of suspended endurance race save and it overwrites the latest save data.

Even if you now make a back-up of the current save, there will never be a way to combine the two saves. So, the user will lose anything that he does during the time that he plays the game, even if he backs it up after.

As soon as he reloads the suspended endurance race, the game reverts to the exact point in time that he suspended it. I guess, as long as he doesn't buy a bunch of cars or grind a ton of money or gear or whatever, then it wouldn't matter.

I could definitely see this working if all I was going to do with the game, while the suspended race is backed-up, is play online and didn't really care about the credits and xp earned during those races.

Unless I am misunderstanding, which is highly possible as well. :lol:

^You are correct. I'm just presuming that the person is sick of serious racing (he's doing it for 24hrs) and he just wants some fun to relieve the pressure.

^You are correct. I'm just presuming that the person is sick of serious racing (he's doing it for 24hrs) and he just wants some fun to relieve the pressure.

Phew, at least I'm not insane. :P

Well, maybe a little, but at least now I have a good idea for when I want to possibly attempt a 24 hour endurance. 👍

:cheers: for the suggestion!

I just have to remember not to buy any untradeable cars or grind a bunch of money, etc. while it is suspended. In other words, don't do anything that I would care about losing. ;)

@ GoSpeedRacer, so would I be able to send something to a friend and dupe it so I keep the item?

Yes, that is correct. That is the essence of duping. Many do it with multiple accounts on their own PS3 as well, like me.

1. Back-up save.

2. Send Item/gear/car/ticket, etc.

3. Restore save and everything is still there. 👍

The only thing I'm not 100% sure about is Museum Cards. I haven't sent many, but when I did, I could swear that they did not re-appear when I reloaded my save. However, I wasn't really paying attention, because they were already doubles and triples of cards that I had, so I could be mistaken about museum cards being able to be duped or not.

Why not just use a second user ID to play with when your not wanting to continue with the 24 hour race? I mean, if you use the same user ID and use a 'backup' copy in the times when you don't want to run the 24 hours, your not going to get any of that saved for you 'REAL' data which is tied up in the 24 hour race...

Meanwhile... I too am to the point where all I have left to do is the really long endurance races. Maybe I'll give them a go over this long holiday week coming up. However, wow... that's a lot of time spent going around the same track. With the new tire wear, it could prove even more difficult too. I'm still not sure it's really worth it all... but then being able to say I finished ALL the A-spec would be something that not a lot of people can really say.

3.5 hours a day, 7 days.... shaking my head... that's a lot of time to put into a freaking game, just to get one victory more...

Why not just use a second user ID to play with when your not wanting to continue with the 24 hour race? I mean, if you use the same user ID and use a 'backup' copy in the times when you don't want to run the 24 hours, your not going to get any of that saved for you 'REAL' data which is tied up in the 24 hour race...

This is also a sound idea, but for me, my second and third accounts have very minimal cars to choose from. I use the other two accounts mainly for duping, grinding gear from the TTs and DTs and to purchase cars to send to my main account (I need to do something with all of the credits on those two accounts).

However, I could probably set-up one of my back-up accounts with enough cars to keep me interested while I take a break from an Endurance. 👍

Share the cars you want to use from your main account ;)

Yes, but I can't use those for online racing. ;)

That's what I do most with this game, but still, it wouldn't take that long to set-up one of my back-up accounts with my favorite cars for each class or most of them anyway.

The only thing would be my sparse friend's list on the spare accounts. I would have to race...*shudder*....public lobbies. :lol:

I like to keep my spare accounts anonymous and separate from my main account friends, in case I need to sneak up on anybody. :P

Last edited:
Greisen
Mmmm'kay.. Arent any of you guys doing the 24h races getting tired as hell and just want to quit after 10 hours or so then? For me its going to take minimum 7 days to complete it then... seems like a nightmare

Yea the le mans 24h took me 5 days to complete but I had school to try and work around

Do just like you was gonna do. Put your account on the other ps3...only one of the accounts will able to login online at a time...the other will not assuming you use that for your enduros and the one that is logged in for online racing

Back