can I quit and come back in a series race?

• Thread starter vvtivanos
  • 6 comments
this might be a dumb question,

but can you quit in the middle of a series competition race and save and come back to where you left off?

the other day, in the type-r series, I won the first and second race. Saved the game and quit for a while.. When I came back to the series, I started off from the very beginning (race #1). Game did not even ask if I wanted to load the saved game.

So to me, it looks like if you start a series, you have to finish it rigth there and then???

what am I doing wrong?

You can stop/start in the middle or anywhere during the series but you must save after you win a race and before you goto next.  I do this all the time, save after winning say race 6 then turn my PS2 off and when the game loads it is just where I leave off
:D

I don't think you can stop right in the middle of a RACE, and go back to where you left off. But you can, however, quit a series after your last race, and come back and the last race you raced should still be comleted as long as you saved the game after you quit.

This probably makes no sense so let me know if I should explain more clearly :D

I select the next track that I haven't raced yet.

On the series race, I never click on that series race thing, I just click on the individual races.

Same thing happend to me...  What I do now is after the race, save your game but DO NOT exit at the post-race menu.  Hit the next button like you were going to start the next race, then exit out at that menu.

When you next boot the game it will automatically take you to the results from the last race, then hit next to continue on.

Something about exiting at the post-race menu makes you forfeit the whole championship, but not from the pre-race menu.   Weird!

indeed! sorry to not make myself clear enough.  During a series after you win any race you save the game then you power off NOT EXIT (as this will end the series).  When you power back on the game loads to the spot where saved just click on next and you start the next race in the series right where you left off.

Latest Posts

Back