Can My Laptop and PC Wheel Run iRacing.com Smoothly

Germany
Cybertron
Booyaka91
Hello, so I'm discussing whether or not I should try and bother my parents to get me started in iRacing. Now, before I even bother them I wish to know if my equipment can run iRacing even on it's lowest settings.

My wheel is a Speedlink DarkSteel PC/PS3 wheel. I use this wheel and it works great for NR2003 and GTR2.

My PC Specs are:

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC (Basically a laptop)
DirectX 11
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU
It's 64bit system
Video Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

I can run NR2003 quite alright, about 30-60fps with low textures which is basically not much of a difference between the higher ones, or at least that's the case for me.

I have a dv7 except my processor is an i7 and i can run a steady 50-70 fps with mostly everything on low and cars set to high but even then it doesnt look bad. Framerate dips on race starts but rises after a lap after the field spreads a bit. Im pretty doubtful on yours and with that wheel id say pass on it for now.

I recently bought a Toshiba laptop and it can run iRacing fine as long as you keep the graphic options low.

I have chosen to keep the screen as 'clean' as possible by disabling system messages, text chat and the steering wheel & hand animations, all graphic options on low except for 'cars' that I have on medium.

I'm getting a steady 84fps and the racing is smooth.

Intel Core i3
4GB Ram
1TB HD
Intel HD 4000 shared graphics card

Before I built my gaming PC I had been running iRacing on a HP laptop with similar spec to OP, it got hot after a bit of driving to I had a desk fan keeping it cool. Keep the graphics settings low and an eye on CPU temps.

Latest Posts

Back