Can my laptop run iRacing?

• Thread starter Punknoodle
  • 10 comments
Australia
Brisbane
Punknoodle_Nick
Hi, I've been interested in trying out iRacing and want to know if I'm wasting my time trying it out on my current set up, I'm away from my computer right now but I know it's about a year old, it's an HP Presario DV6000 laptop, Core i5 Processor, 4Gb RAM, NVidia 1Gb dedicated graphics with CUDA and a 640 Gb hard drive, running Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit, sorry I'm not that hardcore with computers.

I was going to connect it to my pretty much brand new Panasonic 50" plasma via HDMI, through a Yamaha amp, and use my G25 set up.

Don't really care it it isn't gorgeous looking as long as it feels good and doesn't lag etc.

I would say yes. I am using a far worse computer and I get an average of 83 fps, which is what I limit it to, on even the most computer intense tracks. You should be able to not only run iRacing, but it should run very well on that computer.

Ha, my computer failed according to that site due to the processor, but with the overclock it runs fine.

hampus_dh

Apparently my phone won't run it lol. What kind of investment is required to set it all up, software, subscription etc? Been thinking about making the jump for a while but will need a new PC first, something I'm hoping to do in the new year, will push the boat out a bit on graphical goodness if it's not mega bucks as it won't get used for any other games.

Probably a really stupid question but I don't suppose a DFGT is compatible? Would save a little on initial expense before shelling out on a better wheel at a later date.

Apparently my phone won't run it lol. What kind of investment is required to set it all up, software, subscription etc? Been thinking about making the jump for a while but will need a new PC first, something I'm hoping to do in the new year, will push the boat out a bit on graphical goodness if it's not mega bucks as it won't get used for any other games.

Probably a really stupid question but I don't suppose a DFGT is compatible? Would save a little on initial expense before shelling out on a better wheel at a later date.

It is as it's one of the recommended wheels on the website :)

It will run iRacing like a charm. My MacBook Pro runs it with less power than yours. So yours should work no problem.

What a brilliant brillaint site and link sir 👍 Thank you.

With regards to the OP I've been wondering the same thing. My laptop is slightly older though, so I'll let everyone know if I can use it. Having to install Java at the moment?? Wait one....

Dawwwww. I cant play :( That was disappointing. :lol:
Don't let the site fool you. I'm pretty sure it fails every laptop because it doesn't recognize mobile GPU's - even dedicated ones that ARE capable of running iRacing.

Last edited:
Back