Can my laptop run iRacing?

Canada
Canada
nastradamus87
Hi. Please help me out if you can.

Since this website
isn't useful for those looking to run iRacing on their laptop, please tell me how well - if at all - you expect my laptop to run iRacing.

Specs:
Intel i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10 GHz
4.00 GB RAM DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M 1GB (<--- click for GPU details)
Windows 7 64-bit

I would be using a 1080p tv for a display via hdmi from the laptop, which is what slightly worries me. If the resolution is too much of a hit for the cpu and gpu, could I simply output 720p from the laptop and let the TV scale the image?

How many FPS could I expect and what is the minimum recommended FPS for iracing?

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

should be perfectly alright considering that my nearly 5 year old acer apsire 5920g with a intel core duo, 2gb ram and a geforce 8600M could run iracing at 1080p lowest details with 55fps solid!

I suspect it just doesn't recognize your video card. It looks like you can run Vertex/Pixel shader 4.0. No idea how fast your video card clock rate is.

I'd be willing to hazard a guess yes? I need to look up your video card right fast

edit- I might have to retract that guess. Not sure if you can run it. Maybe if you could tell us exactly which card you have installed? Is there no model number?

Btw, this is the card you have: Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD

Last edited:
Thanks for the help sandbox.

My link has died. Well this was model number

Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD 8.15.10.1968. Not sure if it will work.

Hi. Please help me out if you can.

Since this website isn't useful for those looking to run iRacing on their laptop, please tell me how well - if at all - you expect my laptop to run iRacing.

Specs:
Intel i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10 GHz
4.00 GB RAM DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M 1GB (<--- click for GPU details)
Windows 7 64-bit

I would be using a 1080p tv for a display via hdmi from the laptop, which is what slightly worries me. If the resolution is too much of a hit for the cpu and gpu, could I simply output 720p from the laptop and let the TV scale the image?

How many FPS could I expect and what is the minimum recommended FPS for iracing?

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

you can easily run iracing with that laptop. I have a similar laptop except I don't have a graphics card, I have a graphics accelerator (GA's uses system RAM, that's very bad), and I still run iracing just fine. Online, I have graphics set to class 6. Occasionally I'll drop down to 25-35 FPS, but usually it stays at 60 FPS, and sometimes goes much higher.

With your laptop, in 1080p even, I would guess you can do 90 fps but considering your TV is probably only 60 fps, you don't really need it to go above that. I actually limit my FPS to 60 fps because my monitor or TV can't produce more than 60 fps anyway so what's the point of running higher fps.

That's onboard graphics. It will not run iRacing.

Not true at all. I have a graphics accelerator too, Intel HD just like him and I run iracing at 60 FPS. I run graphics set to class 6 in 720p, sometimes 1080p and I don't have any problems

Someone needs to tell iRacing because they might be losing out on potential customers due to this then... Luckily he ended up joining anyways tho 👍

minimum 30fps. It's not what people call good but don't get caught up thinking you need to spend money upgrading your laptop, your fine.

minimum 30fps. It's not what people call good but don't get caught up thinking you need to spend money upgrading your laptop, your fine.

Well actually, the absolute bare minimum is 24 FPS, that's what movies film at and it's also right where the human eye sees video as smooth motion but 30 FPS is the minimum recommended in gaming because you always need a little headroom.

Back