Can somebody help me with this crashing issue please! Sorry If This Has Been Answered

Messages
1,452
Congo Kinshasa
The Motherland
Messages
Manasseh257
I purchased GT6 yesterday and it crashes on me constantly after 30 minutes or so in game. The first time I played it, the game crashed during my first race in the novice level and cause my PS3 to beep 3 times and cause the red light to flash. It has crashed four times in total. But the other three were after I raced a few races and went back and briwsed around the main menu for 3-5 minutes. I was able to race for about 45 min - Hour just recently without problems (I did not go to the main menu at all) But as soon as I went back to the main menu, I went to my garage to switch cars and the game just gave out and my PS3 crashed and beeped three times. Sorry if this question was already answered in another forum but what can I do to fix this problem? I have a fat 80gb PS3 btw. It plays every other game well with no problems. Also I refuse to buy a PS3 slim as I just replaced my last PS3 with the one I have now. Do any of you guys know what I can do to fix this? Should I just take the game back? Should I just wait for a patch to fix it? Or should I just suck it up and get the best out of my 45-hour playing time?

I Apologize If this question was answered in other forums. I just bought the game so I haven't been on here in awhile.
 
Well, I see a few possible scenarios.

1. The game isn't fully installed yet.

"In order to reduce saving and loading times, Gran Turismo 6 includes a feature that gradually installs game data onto your Hard Disk Drive (HDD) as you progress through the game. To use this feature, you will need at least 10 GB of free space on your HDD."

If that's the case then maybe it will get better once the game is fully installed.

---

2. The fat PS3 is less reliable than the slim. At least that seems to be the general consensus around the internet. Haven't seen any actual survey to confirm that though. As GT6 is probably a lot more demanding than other games for the PS3, that could explain why you don't see it with your other games. If you play at 1080p you can try to go down to 720 and see if it performs better.

Also, make sure the PS3 is well ventilated and not getting too hot. It might help to raise it a little bit above the table/shelf/floor/wherever you keep it so that air can get in underneath as well.

---

3. When you go back to the main menu, the game usually wants to save your data. Maybe that could be what's causing the crash?

I don't know if it's possible to turn the autosave feature off though, take a look in the options menu.

---

Edit: 4. If you're connected to the internet you can see if it performs better if the console is offline. It could be that it's trying to communicate with a server everytime you go back to the main menu. It's not a good solution as obviously you'd want to use the online features, but it would be interesting to see if there's any difference or not.
 
Last edited:
My slim was crashing a lot because of GT6. I didn't do anything except replace the laser and it hasn't crashed since.
 
Mine's weirder. My TV randomly turns on and off then half of the screen is normal static and half is rainbow colored static when I play GT6. Yes it also happens to other games but no static just TV turning on and off once in a while (i played BO2 for 5hrs and it only happened once) but in GT6, its so frequent like 10x a minute...its unplayable. Yes the TV might be broken because I tested it in another TV and its ok. But maybe this is an "issue" because it only started happening after the last update or maybe its just coincidence. Is it possible that GT6 graphics produces dirty electricity through HDMI? Me thinks this is also a kind of "crash", a graphical crash.
 
Back