Can someone ELI5 how the FIA cups will work, and what the GT Sport World Tour is?

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 6 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
Like, does the GT Sport World Tour have any connection to the FIA cups? My idea was that it'd work a bit like the Pokemon Videogame Championships (VGCs), in which there are various events/in-person tournaments that vary in scale - such as ones for various nations/regions - where the larger ones get you more and more points, and if you have enough points, you can qualify for the World Championships, and if you win there, you've won that season. And I was thinking that the World Tour would be somewhat analogous to these larger events...

OK, The World Tour at Nurburgring is simply just a special launch event to mark the start of the official FIA cups.

They used DR values to invite players, the Nurburgring event is just an exhibition and doesn't count towards the official FIA Championships.

How the FIA championships will work with events like this? Too early to tell... Will try and find out more while I'm there :)

Back