...
I just don't understand how the interiors can look this good:
The polygon count there must be ridiculous. Even at point-blank range, it's seamless. I realize this shot is from photo mode, but doesn't the PS3 essentially have to render the same model, with the same poly count, for multiple cars during actual races? How is that possible? Or are they switching to a higher poly count for photo mode -- meaning they had to model every cockpit twice?!!
I'm simply baffled. Pleased as punch, but baffled!
I just don't understand how the interiors can look this good:
The polygon count there must be ridiculous. Even at point-blank range, it's seamless. I realize this shot is from photo mode, but doesn't the PS3 essentially have to render the same model, with the same poly count, for multiple cars during actual races? How is that possible? Or are they switching to a higher poly count for photo mode -- meaning they had to model every cockpit twice?!!
I'm simply baffled. Pleased as punch, but baffled!