Can the XBox 360 play PS2 games?

• Thread starter Road Rash
  • 13 comments
Slunderfungus
I know this sounds like a stupid question but I seem to remeberr a few years back visiting a freind who I nknew only had an XBox and he had been playing GRanTurismo or some other game and I had pointed out that the game he was playing was a PS2 game. I remeber him saying that that the Xbox could read some games from other formats. I was kind of in and out as I had justgone up to get back a tool that had been borrowed trhat I needed so I basically left it at tat after tellling him he was full of IT. Later I had brought it up at school( I was attending college then) and someone lese told me that it was possible.

Is it possible or is it just so much hooey?

The 360 cannot play any PS2 game. I don't think there are even mods available, probably because it would be cheaper to buy a second hand PS2. He was most likely playing a game that was first released on PS2 and then ported to the original Xbox. The 360 does have backwards compatibility with original Xbox games.

This is almost as funny as the "can GT5 be played on a PS2?" thread...

Your sarcasm aside, old one eyed wonder:bowdown:It was a question worth asking. Case in point, Wjhile looking for a new PS2 this past week I ran across a couple that could play Xbox games because they had been modified. In fact I run across electronic compnents constantly that have been modified to do more than originally designed. So in cases like this if you don't know it never hurts to ask those who might know

Happy Trolling:sly:

Your sarcasm aside, old one eyed wonder:bowdown:It was a question worth asking. Case in point, Wjhile looking for a new PS2 this past week I ran across a couple that could play Xbox games because they had been modified. In fact I run across electronic compnents constantly that have been modified to do more than originally designed. So in cases like this if you don't know it never hurts to ask those who might know

Happy Trolling:sly:

Discussion about illegal activities such as modifying a console (which also voids your warranty) is prohibited on this forum, just so you know.

Discussion about illegal activities such as modifying a console (which also voids your warranty) is prohibited on this forum, just so you know.

I doubt talking about modding a console will be seen as violating the AUP....

It depends on how in depth they go and what links are posted. I don't really know how mods look at it, but I thought it's best he knew before the discussion continues.

It depends on how in depth they go and what links are posted. I don't really know how mods look at it, but I thought it's best he knew before the discussion continues.

Let's just say that my modded PS2 running ToxicOS and all my games installed on the harddrive has been mentioned on numerous times.

So yes, as long as you're not discussing how to obtain illegal software - and posting the links - it should all be good...

No such thing as playing PS2 games on Xbox360 (or original Xbox).

It's possible there might some PS1 emulator on original Xbox, in which case you'd still need burned PS1 games because PS1 discs (with the black underside) can only be read by PS1 and PS2 and PS3 as far as I know. However, even that is doubtful. I've got a modded original Xbox with all the shabangs on it (emulators, apps, etc.) and I've never heard of a PS1 emulator for it.

Xbox360 isn't moddable per se (no homebrew software), so there's no way to have any sort of emulator on it. The only thing it plays are compatible original Xbox games and 360 games.

To OP: I think your nephew or whoever was simply playing some multi-platform game that was available on PS2 and Xbox.

Back