Having lurked here for a couple of weeks, I thought it was probably about time I introduced myself to the world in general (Although I've kinda grown used to the shadows now
)
Got my PS2 in the middle of Jan, and bought Colin McRae 3 to race against a friend of mine. Played UK stage 1 (Warwick) to death, and managed to get down to just about 3 mins dead. This was the first time I'd really gotten into a racing game, as I usually like adventures before that. TR4 being my all-time fave game. I'd played a tiny bit of GT2, but never really got into it.
Anyway, another mate of mine told me to go out and buy GT3 and my thumbs still have not recovered. What a game! I started off by swapping time trial times with a couple of mates at Midfield and boy, that was hard work, but since then I've made the foolish decision of trying to gold the licences before I start racing. So far I've managed all but the S licence, and finally managed gold on the S3 test last night. I don't think I've ever played a game that gives you a bigger sense of achievement when you reach a goal. It was only one test, but last night I was so relived to have finally done it (It took me about 4 hours!
) I felt like celebrating!
Gotta say that this forum has helped no end with the tests so far, and I've have more than a few "problems" along the way..... (The short Seattle test, 60m wet circle, RUF @ complex, and the mother of all tests so far, Ever decreasing circles at complex, love the skyline, hate the test......
)
So cheers to all that helped, even though you never knew you did...
It's gonna feel good when all those gold's are in the garage, but I guess the thumbs will feel worse.....
Rich.
Got my PS2 in the middle of Jan, and bought Colin McRae 3 to race against a friend of mine. Played UK stage 1 (Warwick) to death, and managed to get down to just about 3 mins dead. This was the first time I'd really gotten into a racing game, as I usually like adventures before that. TR4 being my all-time fave game. I'd played a tiny bit of GT2, but never really got into it.
Anyway, another mate of mine told me to go out and buy GT3 and my thumbs still have not recovered. What a game! I started off by swapping time trial times with a couple of mates at Midfield and boy, that was hard work, but since then I've made the foolish decision of trying to gold the licences before I start racing. So far I've managed all but the S licence, and finally managed gold on the S3 test last night. I don't think I've ever played a game that gives you a bigger sense of achievement when you reach a goal. It was only one test, but last night I was so relived to have finally done it (It took me about 4 hours!
Gotta say that this forum has helped no end with the tests so far, and I've have more than a few "problems" along the way..... (The short Seattle test, 60m wet circle, RUF @ complex, and the mother of all tests so far, Ever decreasing circles at complex, love the skyline, hate the test......
So cheers to all that helped, even though you never knew you did...
It's gonna feel good when all those gold's are in the garage, but I guess the thumbs will feel worse.....
Rich.