Can this be patched???

  • Thread starter Thread starter squeakD
  • 8 comments
  • 1,041 views
Messages
514
Hey folks just curious.., is the graphics issue regarding the (washed hatching) effects something they can patch? I've been contacting many members on YouTube with vids.., and they're reporting the same issue as well. I'm just very surprised given how amazingly well done the graphics are in this title that Polyphony would let this issue slide by.

For many of us it really ruins night races and racing with changing weather. Also keep in mind a lot of GT players use a wheel.., and thus are seated much closer to the screen than those who use a gamepad seated on a sofa or chair.

Where do we send such a request and are there dedicated GT members here willing to request a patch to fix this..??
 
I've never had this problem ... I use a wheel and I sit the same distance from the TV as I did with the controller (in fact probably a quarter of a metre back but that'd be being pedantic lol!)

I know a lot of people have this problem though, I find it strange that some have it when some don't? I would have to wonder if it is possibly the screen that people are using, but if PD can't replicate the problem then I guess they can't really fix it? (Being a graphics or screen problem)

Wouldn't of thought it is something that could be patched though, it seems something that would be with-in the track coding but I am probably wrong lol :P
 
It is certainly strange because when we had our XBox 360 hooked up to this TV it wasn't an issue with any games on that system. I think I will hook the PS3 up to our LG flatscreen and see how it works on that. There def are a lot of people reporting the issue though.
 
It might be possible that extreme screen settings might play a part ... Also, check your display options in GT5 & in the playstations home menu (XMB) and see if there is anything that could be switched on, usually filters etc. (That is something I've played with so I don't know if any of that has made a difference?)

I may be on the wrong track but if we can say for definate it is a GT5 issue and not a TV settings issue then its a stronger case for giving to PD.
 
If the issue is what I think it is. Its really hard to explain but pretty much the screen goes slighty fuzzy and you can see the picture so it is still playable. Kind of like a old tv not tuned into a channel propably but hasn't gone to the black and white stage. Then it isn't GT5. I have had this issue on many different games on the playstation and I havent found a way to fix it. I personally think it is something to do with my playstation getting too hot and starting to over heat, as it only happens when it has been on for a while.
 
Are you talking about the flickering shadows or the blocky hatching that you get on some dark screens and interiors?
 
Going off of your description it sounds like when you have the sharpness too high?
 
I adjusted all the settings on the PS3.., in game and on the console. None of them made a difference. It was my flatscreen.
 
Back