Can we expect a new game series from PD?

• Thread starter GTracer98
  • 17 comments
Latvia
Vidzeme, Riga
Driverman447
None.
Dear Mr. Yamauchi,

Have you been considering starting a new game series with Polyphony Digital? Something that would be made alongside Gran Turismo or could be a replacement for it in the future? Back in 2006 you made the game "Tourist Trophy", is there a chance of seeing a sequel? Or will you focus all your attention on keeping Gran Turismo alive for as long as possible?

Sincerely
Ciro

Last edited:
But before they made GT, they had a game called Motor Toon Grand Prix. Sure, PD didn't exist back then but it was Yamauchi who designed it.

Gran Turismo is is a car game, it evolves as time passes by and manufacturers create new cars and technology.

It can go on forever.

But nothing says PD couldn't make a new game alongside Gran Turismo... Especially now that they are becoming larger than ever before.

Sometimes I think PD should split the game in two separate games for 2 separate user groups instead of trying to please everyone with single game. One as an online racing and simulation platform and another as a slightly more arcade like game.

They could be still be bundled together also but not everyone want the other.

Considering the pace at which PD develops the GT games, I think it's best if they stuck to one single franchise... if they were to split the development team to make a new game, we wouldn't be getting GT7 until PS5 comes out.

Sometimes I think PD should split the game in two separate games for 2 separate user groups instead of trying to please everyone with single game. One as an online racing and simulation platform and another as a slightly more arcade like game.

They could be still be bundled together also but not everyone want the other.

Like GT2? Like an Arcade Disk and a Simulation Disk?

Back