Can We Please Get More People Drifting On X-Link?????

Now I dont know about everybody else on this site but in my opinion drifting in GT4 is one of the most enjoyable things to do in this game, but just like any other fun activity...lol it gets boring when your by yourself i must have been trying to configure X-Link Kai for a few months now. Finally ive got it all good to go but theres never anyone online to drift with but I see videos of people drifting on X-Link all the time.. just a suggestion but maybe there should be a thread for those who actually do drift on X-Link..or can someone at least tell me when all the other drifters are actually on because I came across a list in the forums that had a good amount of names for people who actually do .... I WANT TO SHOW OFF MY SKILLLS.....Thanks In Advance.

Xlink Who's who
The reason I don't play is the framerate that I have experienced with before, I just don't like it. There are other ways to show off your skills as in videos or as in helping other drifters solving certain problems.

well thats because im currently at work ...ill be on xlink by 7:30pm ...lets see if you show up...thats an open invitation to anyone who would like to race, drift whatever....by the way i hope your drifting is as profound as your sarcasm...lol

i'd play if i did have this xlink thing, what's the slimline ps2 have at stock? is that LAN or Xlink?

i must say the turn out on kai last night was excellent ... i had a great time after spending 1 hour or so making final adjustments for kai to work raced until about 1:30 in the morning ...thanks to all the guys who showed up lets keep it going

I just recently started this whole thing, but I'm now participating on Xlink. You might not see me on very often, but I'm on as RentonT.

Anyone up for a little drift right now? It's about 6:15 on November 12th.

I"m always down for a drift session on Xlink kai (im always home around 8:00 PM EST time), My name is Bee Dizzle on there. And those who know, know how the ace drifters roll on kai MANG!!!!!!! :sly:

For some reason I cant get online with my slim-PS2 (US)

Is there a cable that I'm suppose to use to hook my network cable to my Westell modem?

I'm running on Bellsouth internet.

For some reason I cant get online with my slim-PS2 (US)

Is there a cable that I'm suppose to use to hook my network cable to my Westell modem?

I'm running on Bellsouth internet.

Are you wireless? You can get a Crossover cable and put your internet settings on "shared" then run the Cable from your computer to your PS2.

I'd like to ask a question for this Xlink. I have everything configured to the guides specifications on the xlink site, but when I set it up for GT4 I can never connect. Can anyone specifically tell me the setup for PS2 -> Router / Computer -> Router through LAN?

Basically I need to know EVERY setting for the PS2 and computer to router through LAN setup.

I'd like to ask a question for this Xlink. I have everything configured to the guides specifications on the xlink site, but when I set it up for GT4 I can never connect. Can anyone specifically tell me the setup for PS2 -> Router / Computer -> Router through LAN?

Basically I need to know EVERY setting for the PS2 and computer to router through LAN setup.

SMACK!

SMACK AGAIN!

You do realize that I don't need to manually set it up? And besides, my PS2 doesn't have a MAC address...or at least it doesn't say it. I'd like to pose a new question to the GT4 online fiends. Is it possible to hook up a PS2 through a USB and THEN hook up that computer to a router? If that's a question for Xlink can someone post it there?

You do realize that I don't need to manually set it up? And besides, my PS2 doesn't have a MAC address...or at least it doesn't say it. I'd like to pose a new question to the GT4 online fiends. Is it possible to hook up a PS2 through a USB and THEN hook up that computer to a router? If that's a question for Xlink can someone post it there?

USB? why USB? there is the Crossover Cable instead of the USB

Your ps2's NIC must have a mac address to identify it. There's no two ways about it. Without it, I don't think it could ever possibly recieve data packets across a network. Regarding this, view the following post and see if it helps:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1824589&postcount=87

Hopefully I've not misunderstood your first idea -it was to share a connection through your computer to your PS2, yes? I had tried doing exactly that when I first wanted to try xlink with zero success. The only way I ever made it work was to give the PS2 network adapter it's own connection straight off the router/switch.
This certainly doesn't mean your idea isn't possible though, or at least I've no authority to say that it isn't.

Your ps2's NIC must have a mac address to identify it. There's no two ways about it. Without it, I don't think it could ever possibly recieve data packets across a network. Regarding this, view the following post and see if it helps:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1824589&postcount=87

Hopefully I've not misunderstood your first idea -it was to share a connection through your computer to your PS2, yes? I had tried doing exactly that when I first wanted to try xlink with zero success. The only way I ever made it work was to give the PS2 network adapter it's own connection straight off the router/switch.
This certainly doesn't mean your idea isn't possible though, or at least I've no authority to say that it isn't.

Right, which I'm attempting to do now. But for the sake of trying to get it to work, I've gone into desperation mode. I was just wondering if I could hook up my PS2 to computer and then go to the internet. What I am setup with right now has each of them going straight to the router. It fails that way though. I have no idea why. This isn't to say though, that I can't get my PS2 configured. Kai says it is successfully configured and my network is open. It's just every time I try and connect...it fails. No one on there knows why.

Boundary do you ever get on Xlink? If you do just PM me or post back here and you can help me figure it out while I'm on.

Boundary do you ever get on Xlink? If you do just PM me or post back here and you can help me figure it out while I'm on.

I don't anymore. When I did my connection wasn't very reliable (I'm in a dorm ), and I couldn't adjust to the lag. +my PS2 doesn't work now.

I don't anymore. When I did my connection wasn't very reliable (I'm in a dorm ), and I couldn't adjust to the lag. +my PS2 doesn't work now.
Thx! Someone helped me figured out that even though Zone Alarm was letting the Xlink connection through, it had to be turned off to play. Don't know why. :\

Back