Can we talk FIA qualifying

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sean Renon
  • 31 comments
  • 2,352 views
In the few FIA races I ran it was always tough qualifying because people treat it like a race and fight for position, they must be completely unaware that it does not matter if you are behind or ahead of someone on track. It may be because I am DR B. There are always accidents too so it's tough to get a solo lap in. If only they understood that they are racing the clock and not position on track in qualifying. Maybe PD should put instructions on screen. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:


At Monza the other day I had one following me so closely through Parabolica(it was his out lap too) that he was already side-by-side with me going into T1. Lap ruined for both of us...

I understand that people want to profit from slipstream. But if he is really faster, then he should stay back and try to get into the slipstream for the back straight. Otherwise I’ll only slow him down.
 
At Monza the other day I had one following me so closely through Parabolica(it was his out lap too) that he was already side-by-side with me going into T1. Lap ruined for both of us...
I understand that people want to profit from slipstream. But if he is really faster, then he should stay back and try to get into the slipstream for the back straight. Otherwise I’ll only slow him down.

I sympathize with you, there are a lot of idiots out there. They have no idea that fighting for position slows them down. Nothing puts a smile on my face more than leading and seeing 2nd and 3rd fighting for position as I know the longer they fight the more I will gap them. Someone said earlier that they defend in qualifying, what is the point of that? You dont gain anything by keeping cars behind you except enemies who may remember what you did to them later in the race.
 
Last edited:
Back