Can you explain the car stats (top speed, acceleration, etc.) in GT Sport?

• Thread starter o000o
  • 5 comments
Indonesia
Indonesia
It seems that there are discrepancies on the car stats, like SLS AMG having 9.4 top speed, but McLaren Ultimate VGT having 9.6, despite McLaren having significantly more (224 mph to SLS's 201 as shown here).

But they are in different class categories so....what I catch is, are the top speed and acceleration scaling made exclusively different in each car class (N300, Gr. 4, etc.)? Or else? Explain to me here.

As for braking/cornering/stability, well, having higher performance in a car doesn't mean it will do corners better than slower ones (Veyron vs Kei cars) so....this one can be plausible for every car class I suppose.

I dont think you should take that much notice of them... its just a rough indication of speed (or some attribute) applied by a random person at PD... Forza has a similar system.

I think most of us here are very hardened automotive and motorsport fans so we know what cars are capable or what and many of us have also played previous PD games where we take top speed and other things with a grain of salt.

As to classes I think that PD enforces strict class racing rules... in the old days of course we have memories of the PP system where in the open fields we have say a 900hp Supra running with various LMP cars on SSR7 where we could top speed run across classes.

We dont (and wont) have that now.

Well I already know Forza and numerous other racing games had similar system, and I think for GT the only remotely accurate ones are GT1 Arcade ones and since that GT had that system quite half-assed (in GT3 Arcade only the top speed had different gauge, etc.) and seems to be abandoned since GT4. So I think that indication isn't really GT thing, but it seems that GT Sport take it more seriously judging by the gauge look and that it's placed not only in Arcade now but on each car selection menu. But you say that Forza's indicator one is also only rough estimation?

I know the cars capability at performance speed wise, but I think it's hard to judge a car's handling.

I find they're quite handy if trying to choose between 2 cars from the same maker in the same class, e.g. Skyline GT-R V-spec II (R32) 1994 (N300),
Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33) 1997 (N300), Skyline GT-R V-spec II Nür (R34) 2002 (N300)

Or, same class but different makers, e.g. the Gr. 2 cars, just for comparison. Helpful when a lot of money at stake (Gr.1 !!)

I find they're quite handy if trying to choose between 2 cars from the same maker in the same class, e.g. Skyline GT-R V-spec II (R32) 1994 (N300),
Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33) 1997 (N300), Skyline GT-R V-spec II Nür (R34) 2002 (N300)

Or, same class but different makers, e.g. the Gr. 2 cars, just for comparison. Helpful when a lot of money at stake (Gr.1 !!)
That's exactly what I asked. That you say it's only helpful among the same classes, I assume that the top speed & acceleration stats are scaled differently in each class, but I need a true confirmation on that.

That's exactly what I asked. That you say it's only helpful among the same classes, I assume that the top speed & acceleration stats are scaled differently in each class, but I need a true confirmation on that.

Oh, well I can't confirm that. It's an assumption on my part.

Back