Can you guys beat the Suzuka 1000km with a GT300 car?

  • Thread starter Thread starter defaultoasis
  • 5 comments
  • 1,674 views
Messages
701
Messages
defaultoasis
I beated it with an R89C for the 1st time, and this time I decided to go with something more interesting --- judging from the time the AI ran in B-Spec, I think this would be doable --- but once I enter the race I think I'm wrong; the no.1 car is always 10 seconds in front of me, my lap time is about 2:07, 2:06; I'm thinking can I beat him with better fuel efficiency/tyre control with a lower power car, or do I have to upgrade it?
 
The AI is slightly faster in A-spec mode, so do not rely too much on B-spec times.

It's totally doable in a stock GT300, especially if there's some rain during the race. Just go for softs, they will last almost as much as hards but you'll be much faster.

And yes, your lower fuel consumption should make for the lack of power. But if you're loosing more than 3 or 4 seconds per lap, consider some upgrade on it.
 
I just tried 08' IS350 & '03 Garaiya and I don't think I can do it stock.
When I overtook them all in 1st lap, I felt this is well in hand, best time was about 2:03 but I cannot pull away from the ARTA NSX for more than 10 seconds. When the grip ran out it became horrible --- except from 130R and the two high speed corners before Spoon, I cannot make up any ground, and every two or three laps I make mistakes on brake points here and there and the AI apparently has much better tyre control.
 
you are probably right however I've tried similar exercises and made the same deduction but after several tries, I guess I figured out where to make more time and perhaps the start order was more favorable but the point is I stuck with it and did win what I thought were unwinable races. Depending on how 'fair' you want to be you might want to just keep pounding on it :D


I just tried 08' IS350 & '03 Garaiya and I don't think I can do it stock.
When I overtook them all in 1st lap, I felt this is well in hand, best time was about 2:03 but I cannot pull away from the ARTA NSX for more than 10 seconds. When the grip ran out it became horrible --- except from 130R and the two high speed corners before Spoon, I cannot make up any ground, and every two or three laps I make mistakes on brake points here and there and the AI apparently has much better tyre control.
 
you are probably right however I've tried similar exercises and made the same deduction but after several tries, I guess I figured out where to make more time and perhaps the start order was more favorable but the point is I stuck with it and did win what I thought were unwinable races. Depending on how 'fair' you want to be you might want to just keep pounding on it :D

I'm doing it right now unfairly --- cutting through the last chicane every lap. In the beginning it didn't earn me time --- new trick to me, hit the wall a couple of times. But I made a great pit stop choice and stopped making stupid mistakes afterwards and started doing 2:02 constantly, I'm now 1 lap ahead & halfway through!
 
I won with the Ford GT LM Race Spec 2. Took about 6.5 hrs b/c of intermittent rain.
 
Back