Can you return to a stock car?

• Thread starter DefiantEnd
  • 11 comments
United States
United States
Hey all,

Recently bought a Ferrari 458 Italia with my hard earned race cash. However, I have done some modifications to it.

Is it possible to return the car to stock at all? As bad as I hate to admit it, I wish I didn't upgrade the car so that it could stay in its natural glory lol.

Thanks all

I think that the only irreversible mod would be the body rigidity reinforcement upgrade that is found in the GT Auto menu. Everything else should be ok.

How do I go about taking the mods off? I've not been playing this game long so I'm sorry for the beginner questions.

When you say wait until the oil change wears off, what do you mean?

Thanks very much

How do I go about taking the mods off? I've not been playing this game long so I'm sorry for the beginner questions.

When you say wait until the oil change wears off, what do you mean?

Thanks very much

Hi there...

If you have bought parts for the car (turbos, custom suspension, etc.), you can go into the Settings menu and choose a "blank" tuning sheet. You will see A B C in tabs in the top left side of the Settings area. Use one of these to revert back to the original settings of the car. Please note that you will have to go in each area (Suspension, Transmission, etc.) and hit the "reset to default" buttons to make sure they go back to their original settings. Also, make sure especially in the Power and Body menus that the Turbo/Supercharger, Stage 1,2,3 Engine upgrades and the Weight Reductions are set to the original parts.

As for Oil and Body Rigidity options... over a certain amount of mileage, both of those will degrade... usually about 250 or so km's for oil (depending on the car) and a few thousand km's for the body to degrade (depending on car). For the oil, you can see a red oil symbol in the HUD when you need an oil change. For the body rigidity, you can see in GT Auto a message in yellow saying body rigidity has begun to deteriorate.

The only other "quick" way is to sell the car and/or buy another "virgin" car.

Cheers

Last edited:
Also note that in arcade mode you won't wear down the car at all, no matter if the odometer is saved or not.

Unless you go to car settings before exiting, as then your distance and wear will be saved on the car.
That would make sense, but I at least recall it's distance only.
edit_add: An example, I did the oil change to my new Lancer for WRS #157. After driving > 700 km the car has such on the meter and the same power as in the beginning. So in both arcade and online deterioration effects follow the tyre wear setting.

Last edited:
That would make sense, but I at least recall it's distance only.
edit_add: An example, I did the oil change to my new Lancer for WRS #157. After driving > 700 km the car has such on the meter and the same power as in the beginning. So in both arcade and online deterioration effects follow the tyre wear setting.

I suspect the same. Got 12'000 km on my Alpine A110 and only had to change oil once so far. Mostly done arcade races, free runs and online lobbies without tyre wear and fuel consumption.

I suspect the same. Got 12'000 km on my Alpine A110 and only had to change oil once so far. Mostly done arcade races, free runs and online lobbies without tyre wear and fuel consumption.
In Free run it most definitely does wear.

The whole GT6 vehicle wear system is still a complete mystery.

With a big mix of online, career, practice, and arcade modes (using the mileage cheat) I have around two dozen cars with at least 700km on their odometers and none have shown any HP or PP loss at all, let alone had any trigger the oil change lamp. And I have never done an oil change on any of my vehicles.

Granted I've got some cars with reduced body rigidity (yellow only), but that's the extent of any wear on my vehicles.

I can understand why PD may have opted to keep cars from degrading in Arcade mode, but that fact only complicates the overall calculations if you drive the car across multiple modes. Unless you diligently refrain from using Arcade mode there's no easy way to determine how the car is degrading over time, so the overall mileage reading is inaccurate and almost pointless.

Back